New Homemade Trolley Carrier, opinions or suggestions?

hingeback

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
I have been working on this recently. It's for one day trips if I am bringing her.
IMG_9211.JPG

Do I need more holes for air?
FullSizeRender.jpg

I can take the carrier out
IMG_9213.JPG

Storage opened
IMG_9214.JPG

Storage, 10cm height
IMG_9215.JPG

Attached the dowels, to put the heat lamp and uvb.
IMG_9216.JPG

Screws so the dowels would not move a lot.
IMG_9217.JPG

The carrier area is 56cm x 36cm, I not yet add the handle for pulling.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think your lights/heat will hang too close to the tortoise and cause harm to the shell.

Where will you go on your one-day trips? Can't you just bring the animal in it's habitat?

My sister used to drive from Oregon to my home in Clovis - 14 hours - and her sulcata, Bob, was in a box such as yours. But there was no light or heat. Just a closed box with no holes. He slept the whole way. If she got tired driving and stopped at a motel, she just took off the lid and attached her heat fixture.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
I think your lights/heat will hang too close to the tortoise and cause harm to the shell.

Where will you go on your one-day trips? Can't you just bring the animal in it's habitat?

My sister used to drive from Oregon to my home in Clovis - 14 hours - and her sulcata, Bob, was in a box such as yours. But there was no light or heat. Just a closed box with no holes. He slept the whole way. If she got tired driving and stopped at a motel, she just took off the lid and attached her heat fixture.
I could put the lights higher. Not sure what type of one day trips yet, but sometimes when I take her to the pet shop in the mall I could use the trolley. After all it's more of a woodworking project... The trolley itself could be for other uses too. How much higher should the lights be?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wouldn't worry about lights for a short trip. Once you get where you're going, the lights need to be at least 12" away from the top of the tortoise.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
I wouldn't worry about lights for a short trip. Once you get where you're going, the lights need to be at least 12" away from the top of the tortoise.
Her enclosure is outdoors, so I don't have to worry about the heat and lights:D. The light height will come to use if her eggs are fertile and manage to hatch. Thanks!