New home not sure about pesticides

amoore

Location (City and/or State)
Lubbock, Texas
We are moving to a different house in the next 2 weeks. I have asked our realtor to ask the home owners if they have put any poison or pesticides of some sorts in their yard. In the meantime I'm want to know if anyone knows of precautions to take if they did or they won't answer, the back yard has a perfect spot for us to build our Russian tort an enclosure and I'm just worried about poison. So if anyone has ideas or anything that would be great! Thank you! We live in Lubbock Texas the weather is usually dry and hot all summer we do get rain too but it's not a humid area in Texas. Thank you

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
has the house been empty for a length of time?

amoore

Lubbock, Texas
No weeds in the grass - they sprayed ! If you put a tin pie plate out with aLittle beer in it for a couple of days and no bugs they more then likely sprayed ! Not positive proof but it will help have a smart feeling . And then start spraying with compost tea .

Wow great idea! I I didn't notice weeds so they do probably spray the yard! Thank you so much for the help and creative idea!

JLM

5 Year Member
Pensacola Florida
This is a great question. We are moving next week and then want to build an outdoor enclosure. How long does it take to cycle out if there has been treatment? Anything to do to speed that up and neutralize it?

amoore

Lubbock, Texas
No weeds in the grass - they sprayed ! If you put a tin pie plate out with aLittle beer in it for a couple of days and no bugs they more then likely sprayed ! Not positive proof but it will help have a smart feeling . And then start spraying with compost tea .

What is compost tea?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
What is compost tea?
Compost is decomposed yard waist . To make tea from it is ( you can buy it at Home Depot or most yard stores ) easy put some compost in a bucket of water add some molasses and airate over night . The molasses feeds the good bacteria in the soil and the compost feeds the plants . Good luck

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Grandpa has given you excellent advice, so hello and a very warm welcome to Tortoise forum.