NEW HERE! Need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenchew

5 Year Member
Luvthemtorts said:
In light of that information I would definitely use a humid microhabitat. Use a plastic shoebox and cut an opening in the side from the bottom up leaving the rim intact so it will fit snuggly. Place damp sphagnum moss, topsoil or coconut coir inside and place it away from the basking light. The darkness and humidity will allow the animals a cooler place to escape the ambient tmeperatures.
To sum it up. Larger enclosure with a basking light on one end that reaches approximately 95 degrees, ambient temps in the remainder of the enclosure will be in the upper 80's as per your information and the hide box on the opposite end will allow the animals to cool down.
Just make sure to keep whatever material you use in the box moist (but not dripping wet) to ensure evaporation produces the cooling effect. Your night time lows will not harm the tortoises even if they choose to sleep in the hidebox.
I think we got you all squared away now and if you follow these simple instructions chances are they will continue to thrive and have excellent growth.

alrite..
i will make the hide right away..

in the mean time.. i will try to find a bigger enclosure box... n place to put the enclosure box... my house is not very big... =(

zenchew

5 Year Member
feeding them mustard green..
they r hungry devils.. chomp down the big piece of leaf in less then 5mins...

IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

zenchew

5 Year Member
updates..

i bought a pack of Fourpaws Nature Bark
I use them as the base. the timothy hay were chopped up and then scattered on top of the Nature Bark.

inside their hide is only the nature bark which were misted with water to keep them cool n moist.

Status
Not open for further replies.