New Greek Tortoise

walker808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
You can't get a tortoise out shell.
Males have very long tail that wraps around , females have short tails.
If you Google Egyptian tortoise male Vs. Female should see examples

Naxxar
I uploaded 3 photos of 1 of my tortoise not going to say if it is male or female so I can see what you say if it is true what I have...

I uploaded 3 photos of the tail. Thanks a lot!

DSC00877.JPG DSC00879.JPG DSC00881.JPG

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
This photos aren't the best ones. But it looks like a male too. But please share pics of this animal like you did it before from the other one.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Not 100% sure please make pics with better light where the tail isn't black.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
So yes you've got two males of Testudo kleinmanni. The guy who sell you this guys scammed you two times!

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
There is a section in our forum called Tortoise Forum Marketplace. You can list them for adoption and you'll find a loving tortoise provider to take good care of them. :)

Naxxar
yo uare all wrong the are both greek and 1 of them is male other female... you dotn identify them from the so called tail you id them from the bottom shell the male will have like a hole in his bottom lol nice forums ;}

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know that you were hoping for a pair so you could raise babies, but this is not the case. You DON'T have Greek tortoises, you have a more rare species called Testudo kleinmanni. And because both tortoises show a very large tail, it is for sure they are both male tortoises. Please don't allow your wishful thinking to cloud your mind against the good info you've been given here.

A male tortoise's penis is inside the tail and comes out the hole (cloaca) for breeding. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2007/04/29/terrifying-sex-organs-of-male/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because the Kleinmanni is a more rare species, my advice to you would be to try to find a female Kleinmanni and see if they'll trade you for one of your males.

tortoisept

5 Year Member
my friend, stop the rant with the members here, I know you are not happy but YES you have 2 MALE EGYPTIAN tortoises "testudo kleinmanni".
I have a few of those myself and can assure you 100000000% that its what u got.
They are a critically endangered species and rare to keep when compaired to greek tortoises. they also are a lot more expensive tortoises than greek ones.
If you are not happy with them sell/trade/give them back.

peace

Naxxar
I phoned him he said that they are male female for sure and egeyption got the end of shell like skirt and these dont

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know you'd like to believe and have faith in the person who sold you the tortoises, but it sounds to me as if he doesn't really know anything about the testudo species. He has not told you the correct information.

Pull up a search engine - Google, bing, whatever one you want, then ask for an "image" search. Put Egyptian tortoise in the search box and look at all the pictures that come up of Egyptian tortoises. then go back and put in "Greek" and look at those images. It will be plain to you that what you have are two male Egyptian tortoises.