New flat of plants for the tort table

josh shultis

Location (City and/or State)
ontario, canada
Just got back from
The garden center, they are having a 40% sale for the end of summer so I grabbed a few more plants for the enclosure. Got some more hens an chicks, stone crop, few different kinds of thyme an rosemary. Some violas an a few others. I find the rosemary and more thick stick like plants take the abuse from the torts well!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410041930.802832.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410041947.201915.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410041955.735778.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Woohoo, score. I see pumpkins too. Be sure to wash the plants off of the dirt really good before planting. You really should only feed the new growth of the plants only after you wash the soil off, unless they used organic soils and fertilizers.

josh shultis

ontario, canada
Woohoo, score. I see pumpkins too. Be sure to wash the plants off of the dirt really good before planting. You really should only feed the new growth of the plants only after you wash the soil off, unless they used organic soils and fertilizers.
Thanks for the tip! My torts are actually really good for not eating the plants in enclosure they trample or take the very odd nibble which I'm not to worried about

Kate

5 Year Member
Wow that is gorgeous, what do you house in it?