New Emys Emys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Been slowly on the prowl to build my manouria up. This is a nice young adult female coming in to me in the next few days. I also was graced in kindness by one of our members, that donated a male manouria emys emys to our conservation efforts of these guys. For now I only have the 4.3 manouria emys emys. But its a good start. Still need a male manouria emys phayrei anyone? anyone? LOL :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Nice looking tort. Wish I could help ya with the other one you still need.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nice ;)

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Re: RE: New Emys Emys!

jeffstort said:
She is cool I wish I could also help

Thanks. For now you can help. TSA is a big prompter and heavy weight for international conservation. This species is considered a very threatened species, and has little native importance to established assurance colonies, but is conserved here in the US.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Ha! I saw her on Kingsnake last week. When I called them they said someone had just called an hour earlier, and if that deal fell through they would let me know. I had a funny feeling it was you!

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Been slowly on the prowl to build my manouria up. This is a nice young adult female coming in to me in the next few days. I also was graced in kindness by one of our members, that donated a male manouria emys emys to our conservation efforts of these guys. For now I only have the 4.3 manouria emys emys. But its a good start. Still need a male manouria emys phayrei anyone? anyone? LOL :D

Was it housed as a single or with a male/female emys. vic

tortadise said:
jeffstort said:
She is cool I wish I could also help

Thanks. For now you can help. TSA is a big prompter and heavy weight for international conservation. This species is considered a very threatened species, and has little native importance to established assurance colonies, but is conserved here in the US.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app
.......The TSA has a huge collection of them 65 at last count in Burma and just got money (private sector) to exspand the enclosures. A friend of mine Lonnie Mc Kascal is living there most of the year doing a fine job at it training the native people to care for them. Vic

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That is fantastic Vic. Your friend is doing a great thing. 65 is a great number to ensure things with for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.