New camera photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I bought a new camera a few days ago and have been playing with it so I thought I'd post a few photos that I took today of some of my baby tortoises.

First couple are part of a group of Testudo ibera, captive born here in 2008. I decided to hold onto some of them from last year to raise up.
08Ibera-1a.jpg

08Ibera-1c.jpg

This photo is of a cb'09 Western Hermann's (along with 2 others) that I got from a well known W. Herm breeder who is also here on this site.
WHermcb09-1.jpg

Last photo (for now) is of two Marginated tortoises that are in the process of hatching here today.
Marginatedshatching09-1.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow! Great pictures. What setting do you put your camera on to get such close ups? I never have time to read the book on mine. Your pictures are great...and...what kind of camera did you get?

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The camera is a SONY DSC W230. I did alot of research on different brands and models and I felt for the price ($155-170) I couldn't find one better. So far I am very happy with it! Believe me when I say that I am no photographer! This camera makes it easy. There is basically an automatic or manual macro setting. As I get a bit better with it I'll post some more photos.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That's the camera that I'm getting for my birthday. Mine is 12.1 with 4 megapixels is this one the same? My son has one and I loved it so I bought the updated model and now they've already come out with the 5 megapixels. I love the shots that yours takes. Very cute tortoises. I especially love the egg one. When I get mine I will post pictures of Dale. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
GBtortoises said:
The camera is a SONY DSC W230. I did alot of research on different brands and models and I felt for the price ($155-170) I couldn't find one better. So far I am very happy with it! Believe me when I say that I am no photographer! This camera makes it easy. There is basically an automatic or manual macro setting. As I get a bit better with it I'll post some more photos.

I've been taken pictures for years...YEARS...and they still aren't as good as the one's you took. I have to look for that setting...every time I get too close, it gets blury....Mine has 14 megapixels. A Canon power shot SD990 IS I will have to read the book and then try to post a picture..thank you.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Thanks for the camera details, GBTortoises! I have written it down so I can buy one as a Christmas present to me!

Our family camera broke months ago, so for now I am left chasing down my kids to borrow theirs for family pics and, more importantly, TACO PICS!!! I can hardly wait!:D

Your pictures are briliant, especially little newborn breaking out of his shell.:)

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
LOOVE the picture of the hatchling coming out of its egg..perfect picture =]

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Candy said:
That's the camera that I'm getting for my birthday. Mine is 12.1 with 4 megapixels is this one the same? My son has one and I loved it so I bought the updated model and now they've already come out with the 5 megapixels. I love the shots that yours takes. Very cute tortoises. I especially love the egg one. When I get mine I will post pictures of Dale. :)

Candy,
Yep, same camera. So far I love it!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Thanks to everyone for the compliments! I'd love to take credit for being a great photographer but it was all the camera, not me! LOL

The hatchling shot was pure luck. I usually don't have eggs hatching this late in the year but it was such a strange wet summer here that most of the tortoises were late in breeding and nesting so I have a few late clutches. Still have some Ibera and Dalmatians incubating too.

Hoping to post more pics soon!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
GB, great pics maybe the camera but somebodies got to hold it :D Thanks for sharing them with us. They are all great. You have a good eye. And that hatchling was just waiting for you to get your new camera, that's all. :) :p

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Lovely photos!
I just found macro feature on my cheapy camera, too, It sure makes a big difference!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The last picture of the little guy hatching is priceless. What a cutie and caught in such a sweet pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.