New Breeding Trio of BEAutiful Gulf Coast Box Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
Neal said:
Is it me or have gulf coast box turtles completely exploded all over the market? I remember just a few short years ago, you couldn't find them anywhere. Now they're all over the place. I see them all over the reptile shops around here.

They look good! and good luck with the breeding!

Thanks! i hope to have a few eggs from them this upcoming year seeing as they have only recently awoken from hibernation. whats wierd though is La has only recently banned the collection of BT's for the pet trade and its now that they are more common. hmmmmm

terryo said:
I'm thinking you got a fantastic deal Scott. I only have the one GC. I always thought they were so drab in color, but mine has a lot of red on the shell and starting to get lots of yellow on the neck and face now. He also has a great personality.

Alan, the man i purchased these through had upwards of 20 to choose from and many were quite drab and "typical", he had high colored ones and low colored ones all of the ones i chose were on the lower end! he even had some male gulfies with blue skin, and i mean BLUE some had just cheeks others with darn near just blue all over! they however were out of my price range :( im very happy with how it all went down :) cant wait for them to arrive in the morning!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Ok, my gulfie is drab in color....but I think he's adoreable anyway!!....lol

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
lisa127 said:

Awwww....of course he is. I think ALL box turtles are beautiful in their own way. They are my favorites!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
terryo said:
Awwww....of course he is. I think ALL box turtles are beautiful in their own way. They are my favorites!

I agree 100% !! All animals (especially turtles) are beautiful :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
jojodesca said:
who is this guy?

I can send you his contact info if you want, he is located in union city, ca. he decided to reduce his gulfies and expand his raticulated tortoises :)

lisa127 said:

id actually like to get a very drab one, one day :) all turtles are wonderful in their own ways :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Saloli said:
Who did you get them from? I have been trying to locate some.

PM sent.

im not going to give out his contact info without his permission, seeing that he is the one who contacted me in a wanted ad but i will definatly forward your info to him :)

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
I know Alan. He's a good guy, I bought my stinkpot from him. He has some very cool radiateds.

And those blue gulfies he has, they are amazing. I didn't know GC's could have so much blue, until I saw his.

Steve

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Those Blue Gulfs are downright amazing!, I would share a picture of them for all to see seeing as he sent them to me but he asked i not share his photos, i did however post the pictures of the ones i bought :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
The Turts arrived right on time! were packed well and after a nice warm bath were placed in there temporary pen :) , the smaller sub adult is gorgeous the male is MASSIVE. ill get new pictures up soon.

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
I'm glad they arrived safely! They are absolutely gorgeous. The coloring on the "typical" female's front legs is very attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.