New Breeding Trio of BEAutiful Gulf Coast Box Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
Im in the works of sucuring these three wonderful turtles 1.2, in fact i am paying and having them shipped overnight Monday! He had many to choose from but i simply could not turn these guys down! The male and one female are what id consider "non typical" gulf box turtles with the high yellow attributes, while the 3rd turtle is a "typical" gulf box turtle with a deep dark pattern but just as beautiful! i would have purchased at least one more female but finances are a bit strained after this purchase, its the most ive paid yet!

Enjoy!

Male Gulf Box Turtle (High Yellow)
YellowMale.jpg

Female Gulf Box Turtle (High Yellow)
IMG_1115.jpg

Female Gulf Box Turtle (Typical)
IMG_1112.jpg

Eventually my goal is one more "non typical" female and both one male and female "typical" Gulf Box Turtles :)

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Now you will also have to have a set or ornates!...you are becoming a turtle hoarder!!..lmao!!

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
I KNOW!!! ornates are expencive though! rescuing is an option though. lol i need more room before i can go beyond my current expected bale. i think i prefer the title conservationist :) there is a demand out there and if people can adopt healthy captive bred hatchlings over wild caught adults its all the better! for the animal and the human!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I really want to look into owning my own home...then I can have a turtle Garden like Terryo.....It's just so hard to stop looking on CL for turtles..but then I realize i dont have the room...I hate to see them being on CL and in such bad shape....

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
you know even if you rent like myself you can build a pen, though not as awesome as terrys but funtional just the same, think about a raised garden bed four sides no bottom... sink it down into the ground a bit and well'a :) you have a day pen fit it with a 2x4 frame with chicken wire and well'a you have a decent city cat proof pen :) it can be as simple or as elaborate as you want it to be

Now if your confined to a balcony how about a book case laid on its back?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
They are beautiful. Even the female that you call typical seems very, very colorful for a gulf coast to me. I consider my gulf coast more typical.....completely dark shell and skin with just a little white showing up on the face. Mine has no yellow markings at all. Congratulations on your new turtles!

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Well i havnt received them yet but i will soon enough :) overnighted to me from california :) he had alto fo gulfies to choose from and i simply couldnt let the two yellows go, along with the wonderfuly colored darker one :) im excited :) plus they hve just recently awoke from hibernation. which means i have a full egg laying season before me :) turtles willing that is!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Wow they are beautiful indeed !! What an amazing addition to the family :) how are you moving all of them to Florida ?

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
JeffG said:
Very beautiful additions. Congrats!

Thanks!

pryncesssc said:
Wow they are beautiful indeed !! What an amazing addition to the family :) how are you moving all of them to Florida ?

well each will have its own small rubbermaid container for the drive...

Plans may be changing soon so to tell you the truth im not sure 100% if we are going or just relocating locally

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Very nice, Scott! How long are thier carapaces?

Steve

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
supremelysteve said:
Very nice, Scott! How long are thier carapaces?

Steve

ill report that on tuesday when they arrive, they are suppost to arrive before 10:30am on tuesday :), but what REALLY makes my day is the email i just recieved :) !!! (see below)

"Got the transfer Scott. Thanks. I'm going to throw in a little surprise for you. I have a yellow sub adult female that is still a bit young to breed but her colors are gorgeous. She's got a great attitude and constantly looking for food. I'm going to put her in there for you just to say thanks. Smooth transaction. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do."

That is AWWWESOME lol im excited 1.3 hahaha no pictures of her though itll be like christmas!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
NO FAIR!!..where is the dislike button???...lol....
:p:p:p:p pppppffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttt....hehehehee

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
jojodesca said:
NO FAIR!!..where is the dislike button???...lol....
:p:p:p:p pppppffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttt....hehehehee

Hahahahah your jelous! hahahaha maybe ill send you a hatchling or two this fall :) (Hint Hint)

maggie3fan said:
But maybe I could come and meet them???

Heck Yeah! id like that :) or i could bring them on a field trip to see your extended family :)

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Yeah I am jealous!!! you will have to send me a hatchling...or if you get any full grown surprises since you are so good at finding them!!!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Wow that's crazy that he is just throwing in an extra turtle ! That's an awesome breeding quad :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
itll be my little quartet :) now dont get me wrong i paid a bit for them, and getting the extra sub adult female really makes me happy

I paid 175 for each female 100 for the male so 450. shipping was to be in the 60 dollar range HE THREW THAT IN all i had to pay was the paypal 3% so my total was 463.50

With that im thiking four turtles 100 each plus 63 dollar shipping in my head which is wonderful!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Is it me or have gulf coast box turtles completely exploded all over the market? I remember just a few short years ago, you couldn't find them anywhere. Now they're all over the place. I see them all over the reptile shops around here.

They look good! and good luck with the breeding!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm thinking you got a fantastic deal Scott. I only have the one GC. I always thought they were so drab in color, but mine has a lot of red on the shell and starting to get lots of yellow on the neck and face now. He also has a great personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.