New aquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
It's from Reptile Rescues and Removals. He is so pretty. Dark shell with orange. Will take pictures tomrrow. :)

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
cheeseandturtles093.jpg
Here he is, my daughter named him Shadrach.

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
He seems very friendly. He obviously associates humans with food. He was barreling as fast as he could towards me this am to get his food.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
That doesn't look like an ornate to me. Any side shots of the shell? [wow, try saying that 3x fast...lol]

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
What kind do you think he may be? Plastron and shell are black with yellow dots at each scute center.
cheeseandturtles094.jpg

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
You have an adult male eastern box turtle, T. c carolina. The large growth rings make him look like he may indeed be captive bred. Definitely not an ornate. He looks healthy. I like the intense black background. I see an "I E I" in his shell pattern.

Steve

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Yeah, that was my impression as well. Definitely an eastern. Still a great acquisition and I'm sure you'll love him just the same!

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
Gorgeous turtle! Ornates are typically olive and yellow and don't get the deep colors like your guy.

Saloli

10 Year Member!
Today is my birthday!
Brownsville Texas
Yeah I'd say T. c. carolina. They are very interesting critters. Make sure you can get him to eat and checked for worms also of you have other boxers or turtles in general keep an eye out for signs of ranavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.