New and Confused. Species? Diet?

Emily Worries

I do have a cuttlebone, but Tortimer hasn't seemed too awfully interested in it. He has taken a nibble though. Until I can get a new light, should I keep using the bad bulb or would it be better to just get rid of it? Also, thanks so much you have been so helpful!

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
I do have a cuttlebone, but Tortimer hasn't seemed too awfully interested in it. He has taken a nibble though. Until I can get a new light, should I keep using the bad bulb or would it be better to just get rid of it? Also, thanks so much you have been so helpful!
is the coil bulb for uvb? if yes then he will be ok without UVB for a couple weeks.

Emily Worries

He has had Hibiscus leaves, spinach, clover, and occasional lettuce when I couldn't find anything else.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello Emily and a jolly warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Tortimer.
You're already getting some great advice from people who know, so I'll just add that Tortimer, who is most definitely a boy Russian is an extremely healthy looking and handsome fellow.
Good luck and keep asking those questions. People here are always very happy to help.

Emily Worries

Oh thank you so much! It is such a relief to hear he is in good shape! Everyone here is super nice, so thank you again!