New African Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

My very first thought when I looked at the pictures was female, hopefully Danny will be along soon to confirm one way or the other.

pongpagong

5 Year Member
welcome to the forum..I have rescued one sulcata also last month..he is 12 inches the carapace..His name Is RAE :)

REXANNismyprettygirl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I sent Danny a private message and asked him if he would look :) I dont care either way but now I am just so curious!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm afraid you're going to have to change your screen name to "REXismyhandsomegirl."

REXANNismyprettygirl

5 Year Member
Arizona
emysemys said:
I'm afraid you're going to have to change your screen name to "REXismyhandsomegirl."

Im worried about that!! ;)

It doesnt appear I can change my screen name though... lol I may just have to start over and have REXANNismyprettygirl :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
REXismyhandsomeboy said:

It doesnt appear I can change my screen name though... lol I may just have to start over and have REXANNismyprettygirl :D

Once you find out for sure, and if you really want to change it, just let one of us moderators or Josh know and we'll take care of it for you.

REXANNismyprettygirl

5 Year Member
Arizona
emysemys said:
REXismyhandsomeboy said:

Once you find out for sure, and if you really want to change it, just let one of us moderators or Josh know and we'll take care of it for you.

Awesome!! thank you for all your help :)

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I'm thinking GIRL!!!

congrats! they are much calmer than males - at least RV is calm and happy girl.

loves her watermelon tho...

teri

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! She is a beautiful little sulcata. She is very lucky you took her in. I agree with what was said before about how can people just leave their animals behind and hope for the best. We get so many dogs and cats at our home that way. :( Glad your now here with us!

sharkstar said:
Where in AZ are you? I have cactus pads I can share with you for planting. Rex will love them when you harvest pads, and the berries (when they eventually flower) will be a treat as well.

teri

Teri, I want to give you a kudos too. It amazes me how generous members in here are with sharing what they have with each other, such as your offer with the pads. All of you, make me so proud of this forum family of ours.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
People are always dropping off tortoises to us that they find. Mostly sulcatas, have gotten a greek, several redfoots, and a couple of gophers. Never a galop or aldab, o'well. I have a good list of people who want them who can not aford to purchase them. We also have a local rescue that will take any unwanted reptile, REPTILE INDUSTRIES. Good luck.

REXANNismyprettygirl

5 Year Member
Arizona
ALDABRAMAN said:
People are always dropping off tortoises to us that they find. Mostly sulcatas, have gotten a greek, several redfoots, and a couple of gophers. Never a galop or aldab, o'well. I have a good list of people who want them who can not aford to purchase them. We also have a local rescue that will take any unwanted reptile, REPTILE INDUSTRIES. Good luck.

I had never even heard of an aldab before... they are huge!! How do you even get one of those? Rexann is definately wanted and loved here now. Her loser owners that dumped her are really missing out. She just finished her breakfast and is taking a soak in a warm tub. :) She will spend the rest of her time living it up for sure!!

Jerseynox

5 Year Member
se michigan
welcome to the forum, glad she found you & you found us , i keep tiny/little/small box turtles so im always/still impressed by the size of some torts out there,
100lb 30 inches and live for 50/70 years, so lets say you get a tort when your 30 so when your 70 youll be trying to move around a 100lb tort with your walker & rascal scooter then passing them on in your will, to the next generation
good luck with her

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Welcome, welcome, welcome! You'll find lots of amazing people here with incredible knowledge. My first thought was female so I'm glad it was confirmed. I have a 6 year old 60lbs Sulcata named Tex Wasabi, a little bitty Sulcata probably 10-13 months old who weighs about 92 grams(temporarily named "Sully"-we can't agree on a name), and a 4 year old Russian tortoise named Maggie McGee. I get excited when someone joins with a bigger Sulcata. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we LOVE pictures and can't wait to see how Rexann grows up. It's good to have you here!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
lets say you get a tort when your 30 so when your 70 youll be trying to move around a 100lb tort with your walker & rascal scooter

I'm gonna train RV to harness and she'll pull me around in my wheelchair. Have to figure out how to get her to go where I want her to tho.

carrot and the stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.