NEED IDEAS FOR REDFOOT

Harpy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, Oregon
I need an enclosure idea for a red Foot Tortoise. He is about 12 years old and I've had him since he was a baby and it is time that he has a proper enclosure. I live in an apartment so space is limited. Also in Oregon so must house indoors only for most of the year - he does have a nice plastic outdoor enclosure for the warm months. What can I use that is lightweight, waterproof and affordable.

I have thought of using the plastic totes but worried that the heat lamps will melt the plastic. ALSO, I have no idea how to actually build anything.

I love my little guy I don't want him to have the best but until I can afford the best what else can I do for him.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Greetings neighbor! I'm up the road in Harrisburg with a herd of 6 redfoots. I'm currently working on building my tortoise room and they are temporarily in plastic kiddie pools when they need to be indoors.
You can also buy horse trough/stock tanks or premade raised garden boxes if you have the space. 1503507381387.jpg

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I live in Oregon. I started out using the plastic kiddie pool design for my red foot, Artemis, and I thought it worked really well! It looked really nice as a smaller tortoise table.
Now she has a much bigger tortoise table that i build though.

kelii

5 Year Member
Georgia
I had this one built for my two. I also live in an apartment.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1506037949.548162.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1506037949.548162.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 46

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've always thought a big coffee table turned into a tortiose enclosure would be cool . As long as you could do some kind of underside wiring and decorated landscape inside . It could be as long as a couch and as wide as a recliner .