Need Help: Yellow Belly Slider Stopped Eating

JohniCc

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus, Limassol
Hey everyone,
One of my two turtles hasn't been eating at all lately. It's actually been 5 days or more since she/he last ate.
My other turtle eats normally, and that's what confuses me even more. I feed them separately, out of their tank, in a bowl, as I don't want them to get stressed in their own tank about food.
I feed them both pellets, specifically the Rera Reptil Raffy Baby-Gran. I've also tried feeding them some lettuce but they couldn't eat it as they are pretty young.
I thought it was my water temperature, cause it's winter here and it fell to 19C, but I bought a water heater and now its about 27-29C. But still, my turtle doesn't eat anything.
She/he would just watch the food float. Once Squirt, my turtle, made the effort to open her/his mouth but Squirt would just spit the food out.
Squirt is actually very healthy, the same goes to my other turtle Spidey.
Any help is appreciated!!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Pictures of the tank and turtles always help . What is the water temp ? Try feeding them seperate and if that don't work try feeding the non-eating turtle worms but becareful turtles will over eat worms !

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Pictures of the tank and turtles always help . What is the water temp ? Try feeding them seperate and if that don't work try feeding the non-eating turtle worms but becareful turtles will over eat worms !
Hey and thanks, as I said before the water temp is 27C and I do feed them separately. It will be a little hard finding worms :/ Will any type of worm do?
Here's a pictureof the tank and the turtle. Squirt, the non-eating turtle, is the one hiding behind that plant :) :
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420987024.858449.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420987075.824918.jpg

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
Nice looking set up. Maybe the water having cooled off (before) triggered a impulse to hibernate. It may take a little time with the warmer water and some enticing food to get him going again.

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
I like your set up! It's really cool and zen-like.

You can get also get water heater so maintain the water temperature. Hope your turtles will get back their appetite soon! :D

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Nice looking set up. Maybe the water having cooled off (before) triggered a impulse to hibernate. It may take a little time with the warmer water and some enticing food to get him going again.
Should I keep offering the same food to the turtle or should I get him something different?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I was having some issues with 3 of my turtle not wanting to much because of cooler water temps.
After raising the water to around 80, they gobbled that stuff up! :D
Keep offering food, he will very likely want to eat again once his water's a bit warmer.

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
I was having some issues with 3 of my turtle not wanting to much because of cooler water temps.
After raising the water to around 80, they gobbled that stuff up! :D
Keep offering food, he will very likely want to eat again once his water's a bit warmer.
I really hope my turtle gets better soon! :)
Another thing i wanted to ask is if the water in the bowl I put them in to feed them needs to be warm as well?
Because I use water from the sink and it's abit cold.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I really hope my turtle gets better soon! :)
Another thing i wanted to ask is if the water in the bowl I put them in to feed them needs to be warm as well?
Because I use water from the sink and it's abit cold.
Warm water would be nice. It'll help them digest and want to eat more.
Colderish water will also get quite chilly after a half hour or so :D