Baby Yellow Belly Slider Tail Problem! Need Help ASAP

JohniCc

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus, Limassol
Hello everyone,
I'm very sorry to barge in the forum without any introduction and so, but I really need help with my baby yellow belly slider named Spidey.
Firstly I have two baby turtles, both of the same age, Squirt and Spidey.
They both live in a fine medium sized aquarium and both of them are very active and healthy.
But today I found out that my little Spidey's tail was missing? Or it's just stuck inside his shell?
I can't really tell what's going on but i fear that he is not be able to do his mess and I thing his behind is, kind of, i dunno, puffy but that may be just my imagination. I'm really scared he might die from not doing his mess. I'll upload some photos of his tail, though I can't promise they will be clear.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

sageharmon

San Diego
It looks like it has been bitten off. I would watch the turtles it now, but if any signs of aggression are shown, separate them

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
It looks like it has been bitten off. I would watch the turtles it now, but if any signs of aggression are shown, separate them
Oh! That makes sence! Squirt was kind of aggressive when I fed them. I try to feed them separately though, will he be alright now? Is he going to live?

sageharmon

San Diego
Haha. Yes he will live a long happy life with the proper care.
You may want to put some sort of antibiotic ointment on it to prevent infection.
Well....now you have one tailed turtle and one tailless turtle!

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Haha. Yes he will live a long happy life with the proper care.
You may want to put some sort of antibiotic ointment on it to prevent infection.
Well....now you have one tailed turtle and one tailless turtle!
Dear God Thank you!! Hahaha
I was just really scared he wouldn't make it!
What kind of antibiotic oinment can I use? Any home remedies, cause I have nothing special to treat him with..??

sageharmon

San Diego
You don't have to use anything if you have clean water. I would use it only if you are worried that it might get infected.:)
Could you put up a pic of his setup?

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
You don't have to use anything if you have clean water. I would use it only if you are worried that it might get infected.:)
Could you put up a pic of his setup?
Well I put him in the set up which I use for them to chill in the sun, while Squirt is in the tank they both are.
Is it better to put Spidey in the tank alone because of the filter?image.jpgimage.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They need to be separated. The one who bit the tail off will continue to be aggressive towards the other one.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

sageharmon

San Diego
Ya.....you should buy two separate 20 gallon tanks for them. You will have to upgrade to a much larger tank though once they reach close to adult size.
Hey! You could just get a kiddie pool and have a GIANT turtle paradise in your backyard!

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Hahaha wish I had the room for such a paradise!! :p
It's kinda sad tho, what if I let them both ease down in their own tanks and then put them back together?
Will the fight go on even after they grow a little?

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Yea I know,
It all started cause my first tortoise (the bully) seemed a bit lonely, so I went to the pet shop where I bought her and got one of her brothers so they would feel like home.
But I guess she wants to be a loner, just like every other pet in my family :p