Need advice !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenncruzz123

5 Year Member
Hey guys I'm new here and I'm really interested in buying a baby tortoise I live in staten island ny and I was going to order a sulcata hatchling but then I realzed they get way to big for where I live so I am now looking to purchase a Russian hatchling if anyone has any advice or knows where I should go to buy my new little guy please let me no thanks guyss:)

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
hey there, welcome to the forum :D A good place to start would be to browse the "for sale" threads here on the website. There are generally a couple people who have some hatchlings. If you are looking for something a little larger, around 4 inches, you can check in with places like Petco, Petsmart, etc. If they don't have one, they will typically put one on order for you, although I personally like buying from and supporting breeders. Anyway, I hope that helps a little bit, and good luck with finding a new baby tort! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi jenncruzz123:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Do we call you "Jenn?"

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Welcome to TFO! I have a russian and she has been lots of fun! I got her from someone here on the forum, so I'd go check out the for sale thread. Do lots of research and learn as much as you can about russian torts. Best of luck to you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

I'd check the "for sale" section and the "Russian Tortoises" section. Send out some PMs. You will likely get much better results if you buy from a breeder or seller here on the forum, vs. a chain pet store.

Status
Not open for further replies.