Neck wound

Louisa Rudland

In regards to the cut on my Russian's neck, it started to heal but due to the location of it, it's become reopened and bleeding and looks very sore ): is there any "household" creams or solutions I could use to keep it clean/help it heal?
Thanks

jackapple

Hi louisa

Although I can't really help, I am also very interested in knowing how one would deal with an issue like this.
My tortoise aggressively climbs things and it's a matter of time before he hurts himself in some way.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Perhaps if this post were transferred to the Tortoise Health section, it would get more responses.
What do you think @Yvonne G or @Jacqui ?
I'd quite like to know this also.
Or maybe @deadheadvet who seems to be about at this time.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Hmmm, where on the neck is the wound? If it is at the top middle, then the tiny center scute above the neck might be cutting it. In the wild this wears down as they clunk around in a rocky labdscape. In captivity this can become quite sharp. I would file it down with an Emery board if it feels sharp.

As far as the wound itself goes, I would soak the tortoise well, and be sure to wash out the wound. Then you can put triple antibiotic ointment on it a couple times per day.