My tortoise's growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So this has been bugging for most of my life. My tortoises grow very very slowly. Whenever I take in a tortoise I am always amazed at how much they have grown in so short of a time,, I always see it her eon the forum. Yet ince they ar ein my care they grow slowly. My late russain who I had for 13 years he only grew about half an inch. The red foot that I took in almost 2 year s ago, has also only grown a half an inch. I have a 6 year old sulcata who is only about half a foot or so in length.I am not really sure why I am even posting this, it is not like I can change anything. I was just curious and wanted to post something I guess.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hey Captain slow and steady wins the race. Who cares how fast they grow as long as they are being well cared for.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Mine don't grow fast either. All I know is that they're happy and healthy. I like you two, spend a lot of my free time with them. :)

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
I sort of wish my leopard wasn't growing so fast. She is only 6 months and weighed in at 204g yesterday. Everything you read says they should grow slowly.....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Are you feeling like you HAVE to be doing something wrong, because they aren't huge over night?

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
Here is a pretty differant growth rates!!!!

Both 3½ years old!!!
Roxy: 13½ inches
Oreo: 8¼ inches

Your not the only one!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.