My Tortoise lost his appetite

Hello all , I own an indian star tortoise. It is 1 and a half years old. And I have many problems, which I get no solution to. I have realised that before he used to eat a lot of mustard greens weeds grass etc. But suddenly since winter started he has lost his appetite by 90%! He has enough amount of water I soak him every day for 2o mins, he has enough uvb light exposure too. I have no answer why he isn't eating properly. He is very active too.But now he only nibbles on the food I am very worried if this will continue the whole year. His feaces are also somewhat in pellet form than toothpaste form. His urine amount has decreased drastically. As a tortoise keeper I feel very bad of myself If I haven't kept care of him properly. And if he will eat he will only eat pellets that are high iin sugar as well as cucumber and all other fruits. I have nothing more to say but iam worried a lot. Please I would appreciate if you help me in solving my problems, so please reply as fast as possible.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Hello...many keepers state that there tortoises don't eat due to not being warm enough. Once they are warm their appetite comes back. What temperatures do you have in the enclosure? What kind of lighting are you using? Can you post a picture of your tortoises enclosure? Many will be able to help you by this.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello...many keepers state that there tortoises don't eat due to not being warm enough. Once they are warm their appetite comes back. What temperatures do you have in the enclosure? What kind of lighting are you using? Can you post a picture of your tortoises enclosure? Many will be able to help you by this.
Agree let us have the numbers and Picts of the tort and its enclosure . Please don't blindfold us .

hello I can tell you that I am using the powersun 100 watts I keep it on for 12 hours a day. The temperature in the enclosure is about 29 degrees celsius