My Sulcata Luie

Killerrookie

Hello I had my Sulcata for about 8 months now and he is a beauty!!!! Now I have a little question about him he has a little bump on his front shell and stuff but other than that he's fine!!! Here he is!!! Now I also have a Leopard Tortoise and it's doing great!!! But this week it's been super rough for me and it, right now it gots a respiratory infection and I'm paying so much money on antibiotics and nebulizers it's crazy lol but she is getting better it's day 5 of treatment here she is right now

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.

Are you keeping two of them together? or separated? No matter one of them are sick or not, better have them in two different enclosure.
What temperature and humidity you are keeping them?
Can you share a picture about the bump you are talking about?? Hard for me to see in those pics.

Some picture of their enclosure will be also nice.

Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Please read the pinned threads at the top of the leopard and sulcata sections here on the Forum.

It is VERY IMPORTANT to not allow baby tortoises to get any cooler than about 78F degrees. I try to keep my baby habitats at around 80F all the time, day and night.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Welcome to the forum. They are very cute little tortoises. But hatchlings are very fragile so make sure you keep them warm and hydrated. Check out the care sheets and you will have all the information you need. But keep asking questions.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Some of those threads are below in my post. Please read them, they will help you a lot. The sick tort should be kept warm, 85 day and night with a basking spot if 95 plus until he is no longer sick. Then you can drop the temp to 80 and this is with a humidity of 80% day and night.

Killerrookie

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Please read the pinned threads at the top of the leopard and sulcata sections here on the Forum.

It is VERY IMPORTANT to not allow baby tortoises to get any cooler than about 78F degrees. I try to keep my baby habitats at around 80F all the time, day and night.
Don't worry I have been studying and doing so much research on them in a year it's crazy. I have had a problem with springtails a lot but I have change the entire tank and clean and bleached it like crazy!!! So I now use a separate tank to use my reptifogger on them for 20 mins or 15mins and I fog their enclosures every week to keep humidity up to 50 to 60 so no insects will form. I have a Mercury powersun and I'm using that for Luie tank. It's always around mid 80's to low 90's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    991.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    885.4 KB · Views: 14

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I would cover the top to keep more humidity in. I can't quite tell but in the last picture is that a water bowl behind the Shell hide? if it is, just because I am a paranoid person, I would move the water bowl. Your tortoise could try to climb up on the shell and fall backwards and flip into the bowl.I would hate for that tragic accident to happen. I would also be checking the temperatures lower to the ground, closer to where your tortoise is.

Killerrookie

I would cover the top to keep more humidity in. I can't quite tell but in the last picture is that a water bowl behind the Shell hide? if it is, just because I am a paranoid person, I would move the water bowl. Your tortoise could try to climb up on the shell and fall backwards and flip into the bowl.I would hate for that tragic accident to happen. I would also be checking the temperatures lower to the ground, closer to where your tortoise is.
Yes it is the water bowl and I'll move it around and find a nice place for it!!!!! Also you probably saw the humidity gage lol the thermometer is right under where the light is!!! I was wondering does Luie look like a healthy Sulcata to you guys? I've been feeding him grass and weeds since he was born and some Repti calcium every so often. I only fed them a straw berry about half a year ago and just feed them a blackberry and apple with so grass,weeds and four leaf clovers. I soak them 3 times a week and fog them 4 to 5 times a week in a sperate tank.

Killerrookie

image.jpg image.jpg