My redfoot family

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
Great photos as always. The tortoises look wonderful.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Alma, sorry to the absence. Your babies look absolutely GORGEOUS!!! And they're HUGE! Your enclosure is beautiful as always. ❤️

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
They're almost 2 and a half! Some of that puppy personality is starting to come through (when it comes to food).

Sunset and Jingle:

Loki (the wimpy conqueror):

Lexiii

CT
Gotta tell you, that salad looks delicious. Those are some pretty torts!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Sunset turned 2.5 years old today. Stats - Weight: 46.70 oz, Length: 7-5/16"

She's been the most consistent grower and always hovering around the ideal weight (using Donoghue ratio). Quickest runner of the bunch and also grumpiest. She doesn't like head rubs or soaking in water. She tends to find the deepest, darkest hiding spots but will come out for certain foods (tuna, radicchio, red leaf lettuce, some fruits- tomato being the first to go. So, for all you single reds out there: definitely no long walks on the beach; picnics under heavy canopy preferred.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
No tortoises, but tortoise related:

It's almost time for cooler weather here and I'm gearing up for fall/winter indoor gardening. Cuttings of existing plants have already begun and new plants are being introduced.

Cuttings above include: Dragonwing begonias, Christmas cactus, pachira aquatica, nepenthes, spider plants, wandering jew. The new plants I'm adding are sugarloaf pineapples (second picture).

I also started growing figs in January for the torts. They now stand at 5-7 foot tall from 8 inch sticks.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Loki's 2.5 year stats: 61.30 oz., 8-3/4"

Still shy but doesn't mind a few head rubs. She also still loves coming out and running under the water when I spray the enclosure. I wonder if @Turtlepete can raise the percentage of his thoughts on female.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Jingle's 2.5 year stats: 31.70oz., 6-3/4"

Smallest of the bunch. She's also the friendliest. Her behavior is pretty predictable- she's usually the one that's always out basking, climbing things, or eating the enclosure plants down. Looking female, so far.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Sunset turned 2.5 years old today. Stats - Weight: 46.70 oz, Length: 7-5/16"

She's been the most consistent grower and always hovering around the ideal weight (using Donoghue ratio). Quickest runner of the bunch and also grumpiest. She doesn't like head rubs or soaking in water. She tends to find the deepest, darkest hiding spots but will come out for certain foods (tuna, radicchio, red leaf lettuce, some fruits- tomato being the first to go. So, for all you single reds out there: definitely no long walks on the beach; picnics under heavy canopy preferred.
beautiful

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Punch turned 2.5 today. Stats: 49.60oz., 7-11/16"

Despite having the same care and environment as the others, Punch has grown a bit bumpy. As much as I wish she could have grown as smooth as the others, I know that I've been doing the best that I could with all four of them. I have the feeling that the issue is that she seems to wait until Mazuri days to eat (twice a week) then she eats the whole plate up meant for 4 tortoises. She just eats a lot, in general. She has such the personality, though. She comes up to me, even more than Jingle, sticks her head out for a rub, checks if I have any food then gives me the stink eye and leaves if I have none. Loudest breather of the bunch, you'll always know where she is by where the whistle is coming from. Bumpy or not, she's pretty awesome.

This is the current picture of the enclosure. It's almost time to put the cover on. Punch is on the bottom left for scale.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Great looking torts! I enjoy looking at their enclosure just as much. Great job!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Great looking torts! I enjoy looking at their enclosure just as much. Great job!

Thanks Charlie! If only I had a greenhouse attached to the house. Then again, I'm sure I'll always be wanting bigger and better.