My outdoor enclosure and pictures

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Gorgeous turtles.

They are climbers, so it would be good if you cap the corners. If you add a pile of dead leaves or garden waste, you'll provide them with a great hide and good hunting. It will enrich the soil as it breaks down.

newCH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So.FL
Nice enclosure & awesome turtles, look great !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very, very nice! And beautiful turtles.

I think it would be much better if you were to get rid of those pre-formed waterers and instead use large terra cotta plant saucers. The saucers have sloping sides and are easier for turtles to climb out of. You can dig them down into the soil so they're flush and its very easy to drink out of or climb into.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
For my box turtle I used a plastic paint tray with a piece of slate in it and pebbles for traction. Then I surrounded it with rocks. It worked great for the outdoor enclosure. Just an idea. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431300954.796172.jpg
The slate was red and it needed cleaned out that day but you get the general idea. Leaf piles are wonderful. That was my box turtles favorite place to hang out.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
This looks great! I agree with adding leaves or some old wood bark, today I caught a few of mine eating giant earthworms under the bark I added.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
This is my 4x8 outdoor enclosure for my 3 eastern box turtles.
View attachment 129413

And here are some of the pics I took of them out side:View attachment 129414View attachment 129415View attachment 129416View attachment 129417View attachment 129418View attachment 129419

I do not host this species....and I do not know what part of the world you live in....but the first thing I though was, where is the partial top cover to provide a portion of the enclosure to be shade all of the time??? I love love love the enclosure, fantabulous space for sure....

Dean Wirth

Alberta
Very, very nice! And beautiful turtles.

I think it would be much better if you were to get rid of those pre-formed waterers and instead use large terra cotta plant saucers. The saucers have sloping sides and are easier for turtles to climb out of. You can dig them down into the soil so they're flush and its very easy to drink out of or climb into.

Agreed,, plant saucers are preferred by my turtles, but those will do, maybe replace one with one clay plant pot saucer and see which is preferred. Also climbing out would be an issue, they are known to scale chain link fences, and digging out might be an issue, they are great diggers.
other than that I am jealous, it is a beautiful enclosure.