Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Cute little thing. Very nice.

Flipper

MO, USA
Ormond is darling :<3: Is he eastern or western? I am still learn the basics. Sorry if that's a silly question.

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
Hi Flipper, I believe he is an Eastern. But please someone correct me if I am wrong. I'm very new at this too :)

Jami

Hi there,

I loved looking at your pictures. It's made me feel better. My hatchling Hermann's, Hermit (original, I know) plastron is feeling different than he did a week ago. His plastron is really flexible and seems a bit ridged. Is Ormond's? Or is his smooth?

Thanks!
Jami

Flipper

MO, USA
Hi there,

I loved looking at your pictures. It's made me feel better. My hatchling Hermann's, Hermit (original, I know) plastron is feeling different than he did a week ago. His plastron is really flexible and seems a bit ridged. Is Ormond's? Or is his smooth?

Thanks!
Jami
I believe the mods will ask what you are feeding and the lighting you're using. But I don't know for sure.

I hope your baby is ok :)

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm glad you like the pictures. My little guy is so funny that way he walks around and investigates things. His shell seems firm and a bit ridged at the top. Its harder than it was when I first brought him home. I was told he was 6 weeks old at first but then found out he was hatched March 25th so he was actually 8 weeks when I got him. Now he is about 2 1/2 months old. He is obsessed with dandelions! How old is your little guy?

Jami

Hi, I'm glad you like the pictures. My little guy is so funny that way he walks around and investigates things. His shell seems firm and a bit ridged at the top. Its harder than it was when I first brought him home. I was told he was 6 weeks old at first but then found out he was hatched March 25th so he was actually 8 weeks when I got him. Now he is about 2 1/2 months old. He is obsessed with dandelions! How old is your little guy?
Hi! Thanks for writing back. I posted a new thread with my concerns. My guy was "5 to 6" weeks old when I got him. I've had him since May 22, so that makes him 8 to 9 weeks old. Thanks!