My Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

audralien

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
z 2.jpgHello, I was looking online at different tortoise sites and stumbled across this one and thought I would give it a shot. I've owned a Russian for about two years now. Although, for about nine months my mother was caring for her while I was in the dorms at college. I actually got her in kind of a different way. My mother was gardening and found her in our yard. She was very friendly. We put up signs to see if someone was missing her but apparently not, so I decided to keep her. She's pretty big. I am not really sure about her age, I don't really understand how to tell. I know it has something to do with counting but I'm not sure where to start. Anyway, I just recently got her back from my mother and she isn't very happy. I don't think my mother every socialized with her and didn't keep up with her nutritional needs. I'm working on fixing all of that but I would appreciate tips :). I'll try to post pictures but I'm not very good with computers so we'll see how that goes. Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope to keep up with this site. Special shout out to the people that have to monitor my first five posts for spam. Keep up the good work guys.

Sincerely,
Audra

Last edited by a moderator:

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
audralien said:
Hello, I was looking online at different tortoise sites and stumbled across this one and thought I would give it a shot. I've owned a Russian for about two years now. Although, for about nine months my mother was caring for her while I was in the dorms at college. I actually got her in kind of a different way. My mother was gardening and found her in our yard. She was very friendly. We put up signs to see if someone was missing her but apparently not, so I decided to keep her. She's pretty big. I am not really sure about her age, I don't really understand how to tell. I know it has something to do with counting but I'm not sure where to start. Anyway, I just recently got her back from my mother and she isn't very happy. I don't think my mother every socialized with her and didn't keep up with her nutritional needs. I'm working on fixing all of that but I would appreciate tips :). I'll try to post pictures but I'm not very good with computers so we'll see how that goes. Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope to keep up with this site. Special shout out to the people that have to monitor my first five posts for spam. Keep up the good work guys.

Sincerely,
Audra

Hello Audra, and Welcome to TFO.... nice russian you got there...... and it's quite a discovery you and your mom had...... lucky you :)

audralien

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Thank you :). yeah it was quite a shock but I'm happy to have her. She's a lot of fun.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. You'll find a friendly, knowledgeable group of people here. On such person is Tom, and he wrote the attached thread below my name. If you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow dogs yo visit your home, then you need to read this thread. Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Audra, and welcome to the Forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.