Greetings from Parker Arizona

Location (City and/or State)
Parker, Arizona
Hello, I'm Brianna and I'm the mother of Jessiah (3 toed box turtle 10 years old) and Hershel (1 year old Greek tortoise)

I'm new to tortoises but I've been rehabilitating Jessiah for 1 year as she was abused and neglected so I took her in. Her shell and skin damage are not from me but her previous owners I took her from. 20161215_203542.jpg 20161219_162144.jpg

Parker, Arizona
Hello, again, Brianna, (we've talked elsewhere) and a warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, Jessiah and Hershel.
Thank you, Tigy's Dad

I remember you from last night. I gave those forums you linked a read and I'll definately be cutting fruits from Hershel's diet with better greens.Today he's been active around 3 whole hours (that's a lot for him) and he's been in and out of his food dish investigating. Still waiting on that nibble though! His greens do look like they've been messed with by a mouth.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Her and Hershel have a vet visit soon (She'sa certified reptile vet) I'll ask her vet if she could trim her beak a little!

Perfect, once it's trimmed then just feed them on some slate and it will help keep it worn down. I have big rocks in my enclosures and catch my turtles sharpening theirs often.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thank you, Tigy's Dad

I remember you from last night. I gave those forums you linked a read and I'll definately be cutting fruits from Hershel's diet with better greens.Today he's been active around 3 whole hours (that's a lot for him) and he's been in and out of his food dish investigating. Still waiting on that nibble though! His greens do look like they've been messed with by a mouth.
It'll happen, if it hasn't already.
Just make sure your temps are high enough and he'll soon settle in.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Brianna!

Your new box turtle requires a bit more humidity than the Russian, and the substrate under the box turtle looks pretty dry to me.