My Final Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulcataman

5 Year Member
I believe we need to care for all the captive tortoises that are living now. That's what is so great about this forum, sharing knowledge. Everyone can teach and learn new things everyday. John, you don't know everything, and either does anyone else. That's why this forum exists. I do agree that there is extreme over breeding, but like every other animal that is overbred, how can it be controlled?

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
I think someone needs to relax. Maybe 98 percent are ignorant but atleast the people on here such as myself try to learn as much as possible. I love these creatures and all creatures. So are they really ignorant if try are willing to learn.

Sulcataman

5 Year Member
John has some truth in what he says. He is just looking at the glass as half empty. Is there extreme overbreeding? YES. Is it fueled by the all mighty dollar? YES. But the people who care for these animals are just doing it because they love their animals. There are always gonna be bad pet owners, but that goes for everything. There are bad parents, but we shouldn't stop having kids. I just think the pet trade should be regulated, and the "customers" should have to meet special requirements to own the pets they want. The world is in too deep with the pet trade to change anything quickly, or at all. It's like the Obama healthcare plan, it sounds good on paper, but applying it is another story

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I don't like John's attitude... he acts like he's the master of raising tortoises and everyone else is doing it wrong... and as far as them not thriving as well in captivitiy as they do in the wild, well that may be true, but the same goes for captive tigers, bears, and anything else you see at a zoo. And of course there are bad tortoise owners who only feed their torts heavily processed, store bought food. But you know what? There are still people killing their dogs every day by making stupid decisions. The stupid people don't define the hobby as a whole.

and as far as reincarnation goes, the idea is that if you live a good life, you move up. Becoming a tortoise after being a human isn't moving up. Since John from Chicago is so almighty and righteous, I'm sure he doesn't have to worry about moving down.

In my opinion, people coming to these forums and actually learning how to care for their exotics is a great thing. Not only will the animals be well cared for, but a larger majority of people will have respect and admonition for the wildlife on this planet, which is something that has been seriously LACKING as of late.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just want to say one last thing. John is NOT FROM CHICAGO. He is from a suburb of Chicago. Believe me, the snobs or rude people are from the burbs, not the city people of Chicago. That's why they always say they are from Chicago, instead of the suburb city they are really from. Sorry, I love my city of Chicago and yes, I do actually live in the city of Chicago. A very good part of the city on the near north side. I just didn't and don't like people who don't really live in the city, saying they do. They want to call it home, but they don't want to pay the price to live here and they visit, disrespect it and then go back to the burbs, where by the way, the majority of the drug problems are, the burbs, not the city. Sorry , my rant is over, I had to defend my city, my home:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay, before anybody else makes any more comments, this poster has a right to his/her thoughts and opinions. You may respond to his/her comments, but do not go into personal insults or anything of that nature okay.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Jacqui said:
Okay, before anybody else makes any more comments, this poster has a right to his/her thoughts and opinions. You may respond to his/her comments, but do not go into personal insults or anything of that nature okay.

I tried to make my comment as impersonal as possible, but he definitely meant to many of his comments to be taken rudely by individuals here, and it is true that I don't like his high and mighty attitude :p

As for him being from the actual city of Chicago, I just put "Joe from Chicago" because I assume there is more than one joe around here and I was trying to keep my comment as unconfusing as possible ;)

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
What the hell is wrong with being a tortoise if one of the members on this site is your keeper. Obviously these people care a lot about tortoises? Don't you think they'd rather be outside with their kids going out to a nice dinner, or just doing what their heart desires? Instead, experienced tortoise keepers are on this site helping newbies or less experienced tort keepers. People like tom and josh know all they need to know about tortoises, but they are still spending their time on TFO. And this is only one site, one state, one country. I'm sure more than 2% of tortoise keepers are not treating their tortoises good. I'm not saying I'm the best keeper in the world, I don't give my tortoises EVERYTHING I have, but my tortoises are living a pretty good life. John, you need to check yourself and realize everything isn't perfect. I think your creating drama that never needed to be exposed to the site. Just think about this,see what people do to dogs, and chickens? They fight them to their death. That doesn't mean you wouldn't support dogs or chicken. You have to help them more. People like you need to just buckle down and lose that " Everything needs to be perfect" attitude. Pull your head out of your *** and be realistic. I'm sorry for my language jacqui, but I am really mad right now and I needed to let it out.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
If 98% of people dont know what they are doing and 2% do know what they are doing why not try and make that percentage flip flop? Where would we be as humans right now if everyone else took your way of doing things and just kept your knowledge to yourself?

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
Watsonpartyof4 said:
drgnfly2265 said:
*grabs popcorn and drink and watches*

Move over... I am gonna sit next to you, pass the popcorn!
Im going to join the popcorn club as well, i will make sure to bring more popcorn :D as this could end up being a loooooooong thread, i myself would love to say few things but im keeping my 2 cents worth to myself LOL!!:p:tort:

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
*Barracuda_50* said:
Watsonpartyof4 said:
drgnfly2265 said:

Im going to join the popcorn club as well, i will make sure to bring more popcorn :D as this could end up being a loooooooong thread, i myself would love to say few things but im keeping my 2 cents worth to myself LOL!!:p:tort:

Now that I'm done venting about the OP people skills and ego, may I also have some popcorn *begging puppy dog eyes*

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
futureleopardtortoise said:
*Barracuda_50* said:
Watsonpartyof4 said:
drgnfly2265 said:

Now that I'm done venting about the OP people skills and ego, may I also have some popcorn *begging puppy dog eyes*

Heck, I already put in my two and three cents, I had my vent and now I am done. Can I join the popcorn clan and watch. I will bring what ever you want to drink and chocolate, it goes great with popcorn:rolleyes:

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
wellington said:
*Barracuda_50* said:
Watsonpartyof4 said:
drgnfly2265 said:

Heck, I already put in my two and three cents, I had my vent and now I am done. Can I join the popcorn clan and watch. I will bring what ever you want to drink and chocolate, it goes great with popcorn:rolleyes:

I put a pretty nasty comment on page 2. I don't deserve popcorn :(

[/quote]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
alben909 said:
wellington said:
*Barracuda_50* said:
Watsonpartyof4 said:

Now that I'm done venting about the OP people skills and ego, may I also have
some popcorn *begging puppy dog eyes*

I put a pretty nasty comment on page 2. I don't deserve popcorn :(

LMAO especially with that dogs picture you have looking at us as we are reading. Too funny. I wasn't too nice in my vent. It might actually offend other Illinois members and not even be seen by John LOL But, darn it I want popcorn and that's why I tried kissing up with bringing chocolate and what ever they wanted to drink. You gotta suck up to them sometimes :p:D

[/quote]

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
That's my dog, his name is gunner. I was trying to take a pic of him but he yawned. It is definetly a keeper! :D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I understand some of his frustrations... We do see it a lot.. sometimes its a fault and sometimes its just bad luck..
There are extremes.. PETA is WAY out there..and that Prayer is up thier alley.. and if I get frustrated here.. I just stop reading for a while.. I know Im not the only one..
Ive commented, and ive walked away..
And I like a big glass of Milk with My popcorn...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
alben909 said:
That's my dog, his name is gunner. I was trying to take a pic of him but he yawned. It is definetly a keeper! :D

Yes it is a keeper. He give me a laugh every time I see it. He is a looker:D

Laura said:
I understand some of his frustrations... We do see it a lot.. sometimes its a fault and sometimes its just bad luck..
There are extremes.. PETA is WAY out there..and that Prayer is up thier alley.. and if I get frustrated here.. I just stop reading for a while.. I know Im not the only one..
Ive commented, and ive walked away..
And I like a big glass of Milk with My popcorn...

Milk for Laura, any more orders:D

Status
Not open for further replies.