My bunch of tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
I have been on here a while and I have not properly introduced my tortoises. So here they are! :D

Lady Torch (she goes by LT) an Antakyan/ Jordanian Greek tortoise
P4140037.jpg

Pete Moss the red foot (I am not sure if he's a cherry head/northern cross or not, has a marbled plastron)
photo-8.jpg

Vorax (front) and Atlas (back), leopards
photo-17.jpg

"Hey, man, we was sleepin!"

Axis, leopard
photo-10.jpg

Copper Moss, red foot
photo-26.jpg

Lux Moss, red foot
photo-25.jpg

Einstein (front) and Saratoga Moss, red foots
photo-5.jpg

Leopold and Carson, Jordanian Greeks
photo-21.jpg

And my newest addition who has yet to be named..... the tiny pancake tortoise!
photo-13.jpg

I just love tortoises!

New pancake tortoise!
photo-14.jpg

photo-15.jpg

It's funny how squishy the pancake's plastron feels compared to other torts

Pete Moss' marbled plastron
photo-22.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
That is a nice and a huge reptile family that you have :D They are beautiful, thanks for introduce them to us :D

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
Quite the beautiful bunch~ it's a pleasure to see all these guys!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us. I had no idea you kept so many different types of tortoise. I had to laugh out loud when I read the name "Pete Moss." Very clever!

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You have a great family of tortoise there. I love your little Pancake he/she is so cute. I love how the Redfoots gather in a corner when they're in pairs. Thanks for the pictures I can't believe how many tortoises some people have. :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Sweet photos! Such clever names. You have quite the variety of tortoises in your family. They all look happy and well cared for.:)

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
:p Thanks guys!
I think some day I'll trade in all of my goats (16 currently) for tortoises. Tortoises are much less annoying (torts are not annoying at all) and destructive :D and they don't poop all over my porch! I'm just saying that about goats right now because I hear my 2 boys annoying the girls on the porch - very loudly.

I have the new pancake tortoise set up in his/her new enclosure. I just got that one yesterday from Glades Herp at the expo in San Antonio. I think I'll try and stick with the species I have for a while. We'll see how that works out.

As for their names, I am a bit of a nerd :D Sometimes I take a while to name an animal, but when I find the right one it sticks. I am rather proud of Pete Moss. I actually could not think of a name for a long time. I think I started calling him that as a joke, but it stuck.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Pete Moss is a great name, indeed. They are all so lovely, Nick. I love how lady torch looks at you; she's a ham!
Do goats bug your torts like dogs would? Don't goats eat anything and everything??

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Thanks Mado :D

I don't know if the goats would bug the torts. I have all of my torts inside for now. I only take them outside on supervised excursions. I also have cats and they are very interested in the torts. I make sure they do not get close.

Goats don't really eat anything and everything, but they will taste everything; probably to test if it's edible. I have noticed that they are picky sometimes. Most of them won't eat lettuce if I give it to them. My oldest buck will eat anything that I give him though, including apples. At least he is eager to try everything, he may not eat it. They do tend to eat everything that I don't want them to, especially trees. If they don't eat the trees, they butt them and rub their horns on them which sometimes strips the bark off. Sometimes they eat all of the bark. When I had plants in my barn (to keep them out of the cold and out of goat's reach) and I would be in there working on something, sometimes a naughty goat or few would sneak in and eat my plants as fast as possible. They know they're not supposed to be in there. :D One of my goats, occasionally runs into the house and hides under the table so I can't get her. I just have to yell at her "Isabella, GET OUT!!!" and she usually goes to the door.

M

Maggie Cummings

nickpanzee said:
:p Thanks guys!
I think some day I'll trade in all of my goats (16 currently) for tortoises. Tortoises are much less annoying (torts are not annoying at all) and destructive :D and they don't poop all over my porch! I'm just saying that about goats right now because I hear my 2 boys annoying the girls on the porch - very loudly.

I have the new pancake tortoise set up in his/her new enclosure. I just got that one yesterday from Glades Herp at the expo in San Antonio. I think I'll try and stick with the species I have for a while. We'll see how that works out.

As for their names, I am a bit of a nerd :D Sometimes I take a while to name an animal, but when I find the right one it sticks. I am rather proud of Pete Moss. I actually could not think of a name for a long time. I think I started calling him that as a joke, but it stuck.

As for being destructive and pooping on the porch...In that respect don't get a Sulcata. Bob climbs up 7 stairs to my deck, rearranges the furniture, and poops... he's around 80 pounds now...so in his case poopin is poopin...he wants in the back door to get at me and the food...

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
maggie3fan said:
As for being destructive and pooping on the porch...In that respect don't get a Sulcata. Bob climbs up 7 stairs to my deck, rearranges the furniture, and poops... he's around 80 pounds now...so in his case poopin is poopin...he wants in the back door to get at me and the food...

HA!!!! Thanks for the advice!

I don't intend to get a sulcata :) and I also don't intend to let a large tortoise (or any tortoise) hang out on the porch. Getting the ball of goats out from in front of the door in the morning to go to work is hard enough :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Your goats? are they pets? or food and milk and fur? just wondering myself.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
They're pets with a job (since I ran over a big rock on accident with the riding mower and busted one of the blades off). Some day I intend to milk some of them. I just haven't yet. They're Pygmy and Nigerian dwarf and crosses of the two.

Nick

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Had quite a chuckle over Pete Moss. :D I love that name! Nice group you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.