Tortoises of my dreams

tglazie

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
This may sound odd, but does anyone else here ever dream of tortoises, only the tortoises in your dream don't match any known species? For instance, I had this one tortoise dream (yes, that's a dream classification for me; has been for decades) where I was taking care of my tortoises in this backyard that was reminiscent of the backyard of my old house in Alamogordo, NM, but had features of my property in San Antonio, TX. I heard a noise out front, so I went to investigate, and there was this big pink and yellow tortoise with a high, radiated type domed carapace and a bulbous head reminiscent of a hingeback, only much larger. Excited, I brought it into my backyard, thinking that I was going to post fliers but hoping that no one would call me, given what a crazy find this was. So, when I go out to the street to post the fliers, I suddenly come across these two huge fourteen inch tortoises that looked like marginateds but had these black tiger stripes over an old gold background. Upon closer inspection, one appeared female, the other male. I snatched up these two, then went inside to update my flier. Then I saw this small tortoise from my window, star patterned but the size of a large sulcata, with a black background color with vibrant red lines radiating from the center of each scute. Finally, I came to my senses within the dream and realized, "Wait a minute. Not only do these species not exist, but what would be the odds that I would find four escaped tortoises near my property over the course of one hour?" Of course, it was then that I awoke.

T.G.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
No. Can't say as I have. But it's no more odd than some of my dreams. I raise exotic fishes. Large Cichlids known as "FLOWERHORNS" and I have dreamed that I saw many of them, wildly colored in water and I could just grab them. Sounds kinda similar.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
This may sound odd, but does anyone else here ever dream of tortoises, only the tortoises in your dream don't match any known species? For instance, I had this one tortoise dream (yes, that's a dream classification for me; has been for decades) where I was taking care of my tortoises in this backyard that was reminiscent of the backyard of my old house in Alamogordo, NM, but had features of my property in San Antonio, TX. I heard a noise out front, so I went to investigate, and there was this big pink and yellow tortoise with a high, radiated type domed carapace and a bulbous head reminiscent of a hingeback, only much larger. Excited, I brought it into my backyard, thinking that I was going to post fliers but hoping that no one would call me, given what a crazy find this was. So, when I go out to the street to post the fliers, I suddenly come across these two huge fourteen inch tortoises that looked like marginateds but had these black tiger stripes over an old gold background. Upon closer inspection, one appeared female, the other male. I snatched up these two, then went inside to update my flier. Then I saw this small tortoise from my window, star patterned but the size of a large sulcata, with a black background color with vibrant red lines radiating from the center of each scute. Finally, I came to my senses within the dream and realized, "Wait a minute. Not only do these species not exist, but what would be the odds that I would find four escaped tortoises near my property over the course of one hour?" Of course, it was then that I awoke.

T.G.
Quality. To get inside some else's dream is a privilege. :) I'm not going to talk about what I dream about. ;) haha Actually I've been a fisherman since about 5yrs old, the dreams I've had in the past is unreal, and the amount of times i've struck in bed and woke myself up because I dreamt of the float going under. :D

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Quality. To get inside some else's dream is a privilege. :) I'm not going to talk about what I dream about. ;) haha Actually I've been a fisherman since about 5yrs old, the dreams I've had in the past is unreal, and the amount of times i've struck in bed and woke myself up because I dreamt of the float going under. :D
Ohhhh scary!! I get very nervous going out in water!! Ecspeially if it's still and black looking nooooo waaay:eek::eek::eek:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I often dream of fishing for huge prehistoric looking fish in sinkhole style fishing holes, except I can usually see the ghastly beasts down in the water and it's always an adventure lol.

I had a tortoise dream last night but I only remember that it involved tortoises I currently have and the details have faded.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I've..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................been............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................day......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................dreaming.........................................................:)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I had to think about this for a couple hours, but yes :D
Gosh, that was a long long time ago! Before I had any tortoise, just turtles!
I dreamt I was in this fabulous land, and there were all these giant, hairy plants o_O and big tropical birds, like parrots. So, I don't really remember what exactly I was trying to achieve in this dream, but I stumbled upon this 'herd' if you will, of these ENORMOUS (like, two story house size) turtle/tortoise animals covered in feathers. SO cool... I do remember that dream ended rather badly with me falling of a cliff, for some reason, but the tortles are what I remember the most. :D

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I have had turtle mutilation dreams under anesthesia and in times of extreme stress for decades. Once I dreamt I had hatchlings, and that was a very happy dream.