My Bahama's Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
I know I havent been active for the last week, but there is a good reason.... Internet connections are VERY expencive aboard the Carnival Cruise Ship, "Ecstacy", which just spent the last few days cruising the Bahama Islands.

My lovely wife Cathie, arranged for us to spend my 50th Birthday (05/05/63) on the ocean and stopping at Nassau and Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.

I thought I'd share a few of the pics from my camra. these pics are mainly from the 4th and the 5th. The pics I took on the 3rd, I have to get developed because they are on a waterproof camra and are from The Blue Lagoon on a differant Island around Nassau.

Here is our Ship the Ecstacy. it is anchored about a mile off the beach at Half Moon Cay. we where shuttled to and from the ship by sight-seeing ferrys.

Here it is again from my beach chair!

...and this is how I felt about it!

Johnathan Livingston Seagull I presume (read the book...)

My snorkling trip to the reef was cancelled due to choppy seas, so I had to make due with snorkling in the swimming area.... sigh... I REALLY wanted to snorkle on a reef!

Sunrise on my Birthday. Sunday, May 5th @ 6:30am

My B-day Dinner... (Honey Glazed Game Hen)

My B-day Champain. Dom Perignon 2003. (Funny Story... I brought a bottle of Dom Perignon 1998 that I have been saving for just this occation, but they messed up and served me the 2003. Afterward they gave me back my 1998 and had to comp me the $200 bottle of 2003 because of thier mistake!) Now I have to find another event to open my 1998 vintage....sigh ;)

My beautiful wife, Cathie.

....and yours truely....

All and all, it was a GREAT trip and I would recommend Carnival Cruise Line to any one wanting to visit the Islands!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, for heaven's sake! Happy Birthday!!! And what a nice thing for your wife to do for you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Lookee at that beautiful water! I think you should save the bottle for your 100th birthday. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Those are great pics, what a great Birthday!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Yvonne G said:
Well, for heaven's sake! Happy Birthday!!! And what a nice thing for your wife to do for you.

She started planning in late October. Told me about it last Monday. Quite the Surprize!:D

Jacqui said:
Lookee at that beautiful water! I think you should save the bottle for your 100th birthday. :D

naaa, but maybe our 10th Anniversery.... that's only a couple of years away!:p

CtTortoiseMom said:
Those are great pics, what a great Birthday!!

so far, the best Birthday ever! ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not liking you much right now:p :D HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY :) Nice present, she's a keeper for sure. Glad you had a nice safe cruise and a great time. I love the Bahamas. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
wellington said:
I'm not liking you much right now:p :D HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY :) Nice present,

hehehehe.... I got this same responce from my best friend when he found out where I was going.... this is one of his "Bucket List" trips!

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Looks like a great time! I bet you still thought about your torts...lol

For for $200 a bottle, that champagne had better make me see God and buy me breakfast in the morning.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Tortus said:
Looks like a great time! I bet you still thought about your torts...lol

For for $200 a bottle, that champagne had better make me see God and buy me breakfast in the morning.

See God? No! but Dinner was free (along with the bottle) and so was Breakfast..... and I got to say... I think I'm too much of a Barbarian because I was not real impressed with the taste of Dom Perignon. I think people who drink it can taste the price of it and ignore the flavor. But who Knows.... the 1998 just might taste better! (was 2003 a flop year for Dom Perignon?)

Status
Not open for further replies.