My babys!! =D

Sal

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Just wanted to share my little guys to you guys! Sulcata and estern boxturtle! My sulcata is probably around 3-4months old, weights 57 grams.. Does that sound about right? Tell me what ya'll think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi! So sorry I have no idea but I can say.....welcome the forum!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
At about 5 months old, my “Little Ricky" was 192 gms. They all grow at their own speed, but you might want to confirm your temps and the food intake are good based off of the care information provided by Tom at the top of the sulcata tortoise section of the forum.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Before we proceed, please tell us that they don't live together.

He is a bit small for his age, but that all depends on how he was housed and fed prior to you getting him.

Sal

I'm honestly guessing that he's 3-4 months. I've had him for a month now. And no Tom they don't live together, and what would happen if they did? I keep the sulcata at 80degress the coldest spot in the tank, and 100 at the basking. 80 + humidity at all time, and i try to feed him mostly weeds and grasses 5 days a week, and one day dark greens that i've heard that are high in calcium(kale,collards..) and the other day i give him some of the mazzuri tortoise diet. Am i doing somethinh wrong? I did notice he like weeds more then the timothy and the orchid brass though, anything that looks green and fresh he'll eat it up fast! Any advice guys are allways appreciated! Oh and calcium, i keep a cuddle bone in the tank, i really never seen him eat it, i've scraped it on his food before just to make sure he is getting some calcium in his diete other then dark calcium high greens.. Is there any other calciums that u guys would recommend?

Alaskamike

South Florida
Sund
I'm honestly guessing that he's 3-4 months. I've had him for a month now. And no Tom they don't live together, and what would happen if they did? I keep the sulcata at 80degress the coldest spot in the tank, and 100 at the basking. 80 + humidity at all time, and i try to feed him mostly weeds and grasses 5 days a week, and one day dark greens that i've heard that are high in calcium(kale,collards..) and the other day i give him some of the mazzuri tortoise diet. Am i doing somethinh wrong? I did notice he like weeds more then the timothy and the orchid brass though, anything that looks green and fresh he'll eat it up fast! Any advice guys are allways appreciated! Oh and calcium, i keep a cuddle bone in the tank, i really never seen him eat it, i've scraped it on his food before just to make sure he is getting some calcium in his diete other then dark calcium high greens.. Is there any other calciums that u guys would recommend?
Looks like you are doing a good job!
The reason for not living together are several
Torts are solitary animals and are competitive for food and space
Your sully will get big fast and they are known territorial bully butts
Food for a sully if different than for a boxy. You don't want him eating her worms. Lol
Parasite / diseases for each are different and can cross over to the other

Calcium: powdered calcium supplement is sold in pet stores. A dusting small amount couple times a week will do it. Too much is bad as well as too little
Good fortunes with them

M

Maggie Cummings

Each species has it's own bacteria and diseases that don't hurt themselves but could kill another species. Someone else could say it correctly I guess, but mixing species is a crap shoot. Small tortoises really don't like hay or grass and I personally don't believe it's necessary to force them. They'll eat hay when they get bigger. Push the weeds, blossoms, mulberry leaves or grape leaves and some grocery store produce, and I'd feed twice daily.
Any animal type powdered calcium w/D3 is alright. They only munch on cuttle bone when their systems tell them they need calcium I guess. Bigger ones munch on it, smaller mostly don't...