MVB & CHE Wattage

Amajoy

Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, AZ
Hi everyone, I am getting ready to build Dezzi a large tortoise table (YAY!) I need to order some new bulbs but before I do I want to get recommendations on wattage before I drop money on those expensive bulbs.

The table is going to be 5ftx2ftx1.5ft (length, width, hight of sides). I am ordering the zenport greenhouse cover which I know is 4ftx2ft. the extra foot I am adding on to the enclosure will be a hide box & Storage box for the fogger and other cords (the 1ftX2ft hide section will be divided so he will have a roughly 1ftx16in hide area outside of the enclosed greenhouse but the opening of the hide will be incorporated in the greenhouse area if that makes sense... In other words, heat and moister can still get in the hide box)

I am wondering what wattage of bulbs I should get for that size table... I am THINKING 125w for the MVB and 100 for the CHE?

Amajoy

Glendale, AZ
Actually in looking at EXO Terra's chart... Maybe a higher watt MVB would be better, do the make a higher wattage?o_O
EXO Terra 125W.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been keeping turtles and tortoises for over 20 years. I've never used anything bigger than a 100 watt bulb. You use the size bulb you need to keep the temperatures you're looking for. You have to experiment.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I agree 100 wat should be good. It is easier to add an additional regular bulb if you need more heat than replace one that is too hot.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
The CHE matters less, because it's on a thermostat. The larger it is, the less it will be on. 100 watts should be just right.