Moving

Hhollylouise

Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire
Hello everyone im hoping i can get some help im moving in a few weeks thankfully only a 5 minute drive from where i already live but my olives enclosure is huge and not easy to dismantle so we've hired a truck to move it , shes our first priority so she will be moved into the new place before anything else , while moving what can i put her in to keep her warm as the weather is getting chillier and chillier by the day and im worried she will get cold , all in all she should only be out of her table while we move for no more than an hour at most , any advice is welcome

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Put her in a plastic tub and place her in your car. If it's sunny out, the car will be warm enough, just check every so often that the temp doesn't get over 100. If it's too cold out, to keep the car in the upper 70's or warmer, then run the car with the heater on.
You could always take her to the new place in the same plastic tub and put her in a room in the house where she would be out of the way of moving.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can also use hand warmers, or hot water bottles in the tub to keep the temperature up.

If its only going to be an hour, you might want to just do a long warm soak. Keep the soak water warm the whole time.

Shelynaomi

USA
Hey there! I totally understand your concern for your olive. When I moved my reptile, I used a small, well-ventilated container lined with a blanket to keep them cozy during the short trip. Just make sure she's secure and doesn't shift during transport. Also, I used this service for moving threemovers.com, and they were super helpful. Good luck with the move, and I hope she settles into her new place smoothly!