Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
So we are moving, we have sold our house. We have 4 weeks and 3 days until we HAVE to be out of our house. We are excited and nervous too. For those that know us, we have a large tortoise yard in the back. All the cinders will be moved, ugh! Now for the best part, we are having a house built. Follow along and see, will we be homeless or will we have a house? The blog, www.tortugaplace.blogspot.com will have daily photos of the progress. At this point, we have forms for the foundation. :D Homeless or not???

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, I certainly don't envy this big move you're going to have to make. What a project with all the cages and pens! But what fun to build a new house! Good luck with it. That's a short period of time you're working with.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is the location of the house (and the construction crew) situated so you can be building the tortoise area while the house is being done?

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Your tort yard is awesome, how do you keep anyone from being eaten?

Uh, as someone in the construction business...I'm afraid I vote homeless. Hope I'm wrong though!

M

Maggie Cummings

When I moved from Calif to Oregon I rented a truck specifically for my chelonia equipment and I lined the floor of it with 200 cinder blocks. People thought I was crazy but I have never regretted it. I continue to use them...good luck with your move and the new house. Get your animals set up first and you can sleep in the warm and cozy tort shed....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Good luck with the move hope everything goes smoothly for you. What part of the world are you moving to? If you are any where near me, I'd be glad to help.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Are you moving to another state or staying in the one you're in now? Good luck with your construction. :D

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone. We are moving about 4 miles from where we live now. It will be out of town on some land. YIPEE!

Madortoise

5 Year Member
4 miles isn't so bad but it's a hassle regardless. Good Luck. I look forward to continue seeing the tortuga inn's expansion.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I am anxious to see the new incarnation of your fabulous tortoise accommodations, though I am sure the "human" house is nice, too. ;)

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Just wondering how the move went and if your tort yard is all set-up. Haven't seen an update on your blog?

J

jctu82

I can't wait to see the final product! Good luck with everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.