Moving soon! upgrading from kids wading pool to a yard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobovasco

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
central Florida
Hey Everyone! Im moving from my apartment to a house with a yard, needless to say i will be building my 2 sullys an awesome outdoor enclosure.
:tort:

what are some real plants i can use for shade?

im removing the grass where the enclosure will be and growing my own. any thoughts on this? i just didnt want them eating sprayed grass.

thanks!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Has the place you are moving to been vacant for awhile? When we moved into the place we are living now, it was vacant for a few months and the grass was a bit over grown, so we mowed it down and let Vegas have after all the new growth..

As far as plants go for shade, we have grape bush and a couple hibiscus plants, plus a very large tree that was already there. You can also look at the edible foods thread they have a few things that are very nice when in bloom..

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Fruitless Mulberry are easy to grow a provide good food. I love and have lots of hibiscus. Cape cod honeysucke is hardy. Gazaniaz and Day lilly are easy to grow and edible. Also rose bushes. I just planted cactus and a grape vine. I live in a dry area though so all my choices are drought tolerent. Most I had long before the torts.
Congrats on the new house. You are going to have so much fun planting edible land scape:)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Fruitless Mulberry are easy to grow a provide good food. I love and have lots of hibiscus. Cape cod honeysucke is hardy. Gazaniaz and Day lilly are easy to grow and edible. Also rose bushes. I just planted cactus and a grape vine. I live in a dry area though so all my choices are drought tolerent. Most I had long before the torts.
Congrats on the new house. You are going to have so much fun planting edible land scape:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
lobovasco said:
Hey Everyone! Im moving from my apartment to a house with a yard, needless to say i will be building my 2 sullys an awesome outdoor enclosure.
:tort:

what are some real plants i can use for shade?

im removing the grass where the enclosure will be and growing my own. any thoughts on this? i just didnt want them eating sprayed grass.

thanks!

Try to acquire some couch grass seeds...this si the BEST grass you can feed! It is real Bermuda...not the Bermuda that everyone is familiar with, but real South African Bermuda. Also, Timothy grows really well in FL...good luck and keep us posted! Congrats on the house BTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.