Most Famous TFO Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
My absolute only claim to fame is that people will occasionally use my photographs for things and give me credit for them. Not stupid things, but presentations that thousands of people will see and such. Since I really want to be a wildlife photographer, I'm pretty proud of that :)

I foster dogs, and whenever I'm out with my foster dogs, they get recognized all the time ("Did you adopt him from Nebraska Border Collie Rescue? He looks familiar..." "Nope, I'm actually fostering him." "Cool! Fostering must be so hard (blablabla)").

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Redstrike said:
Thus far, this is my only claim to fame (attached). Yea, real science nerd here.

Sweet, I'm gonna read it! I've got some biological science pubs out myself, except they're about fish, parasites, and microbes (attached). I do work with some hymenopteran researchers down the hall, though. :)

I'm going to have to read through your nice selection as well! I just submitted a short communication on some molecular work I did linking the clepto with the invader, keep your fingers crossed for acceptance!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Redstrike said:
I'm going to have to read through your nice selection as well! I just submitted a short communication on some molecular work I did linking the clepto with the invader, keep your fingers crossed for acceptance!

I sure hope it goes through! :)

expo tort

5 Year Member
Am I alone or is the man servant thing really concerning other people too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
expo tort said:

You are alone. Are you upset because you DON'T have your own manservant?

shellysmom said:
Why do you have the feeling all famous people are jerks? They're usually just painfully normal people with extremely interesting jobs, at least the ones I've known are that way. I think the only time they are jerks is when they get tired of everyone always harassing them and asking what it's like to be famous. That has to get old fast, especially if all you want to do is talk about tortoises. :p

They are an odd bunch. Didn't you have a drama club in high school? Remember how weird those people were. Well, they were weird at my high school. Those are the people who grew up to be famous movie stars. Some of them are totally normal and down to earth. Some of them are jerks. Some of them are just very eccentric. And yes the constant barrage of being in the public eye does wear on some of them. I would say that the percentage of bad ones is about equal to the percentage of bad ones in "normal" society. They are just people will all of the normal strengths and frailties of all the rest of us.

If I were famous and on a public forum to talk about tortoises, I'd keep it to myself...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
expo tort said:

Well, we learned how David's manservant puts his own pants on, but I am wondering how David puts his on. Sometimes I wear mine on my head.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Redstrike said:
Thus far, this is my only claim to fame (attached). Yea, real science nerd here.

Sweet, I'm gonna read it! I've got some biological science pubs out myself, except they're about fish, parasites, and microbes (attached). I do work with some hymenopteran researchers down the hall, though. :)

Ahhh, impressive! Parasites and social hymenoptera are completely fascinating.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
shellysmom said:
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Redstrike said:

Ahhh, impressive! Parasites and social hymenoptera are completely fascinating.

Thanks!

Geo,
I don't know if you've read any of Dr. Chris Whipps pubs, but he does loads of fish parasite stuff (he's the second author on our recently submitted short comm.). Your first publication reminded me of his work and I know he publishes to the J. of Parasitology. I really like habitat studies, but I've never considered them congruently with parasite load - fascinating! I'll be digging into your other pubs soon, well done!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
emysemys said:
expo tort said:

Well, we learned how David's manservant puts his own pants on, but I am wondering how David puts his on. Sometimes I wear mine on my head.

that wasnt how the manservant put his Own pants onm it was how He put them On David!!
hahaha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The way it's going with David and the manservant, I think David might become the most famous:D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
dmmj said:
I know we all put our pants on the same way, my manservant puts mine on one leg at a time, just like all the normal people

Yeah- I see how you corrected the 'typo' to make me look crazy! I have news for you, dude- I don't need your help to look crazy!!!!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I was in a movie series, you know, Creature feature! (LOL!)

All kidding aside, i was on COPS many years ago and an airboat operator (non-talking part) in Gone Fishin'.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
ALDABRAMAN said:

All kidding aside, i was on COPS many years ago and an airboat operator (non-talking part) in Gone Fishin'.

You mean the movie with Danny Glover and and Joe Pesci? Cool! So if I pop that move in, I'll see you piloting an air boat?!

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
ALDABRAMAN said:

You're going to skip right over why you were on COPS. Sneaky sneaky!

I like humbly successful people. To this day I find out more interesting things about my partner (good things... Thank God) that a lot of folks would gloat about or simply allow to build them up in some unattractive way yet she's so humble and awkward when you point out things she's accomplished or does. Stay human. Harder than it sounds.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Masin said:
ALDABRAMAN said:

You're going to skip right over why you were on COPS. Sneaky sneaky!

I like humbly successful people. To this day I find out more interesting things about my partner (good things... Thank God) that a lot of folks would gloat about or simply allow to build them up in some unattractive way yet she's so humble and awkward when you point out things she's accomplished or does. Stay human. Harder than it sounds.

:p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
GeoTerraTestudo said:
ALDABRAMAN said:

You mean the movie with Danny Glover and and Joe Pesci? Cool! So if I pop that move in, I'll see you piloting an air boat?!

I'm in the 43rd episode, i am the big tall hairy thing, LOL!

Masin said:
Still dodging that COPS explanation bullet Mr. Aldabra! :p!!!

OK, it all fend adfht ajf sdnnnnadsr dsjfn rnf ae f ehh vnshh lpcnrb splod wi trh af odg dtj vefunksn!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ha, ha, so funny Greg. I think he played a crook. Just to do the opposite then his real life career:D

I know, he was one of those he/she's hookers His Clue was the tall long hairy thing:p:D

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
ALDABRAMAN said:
I'm in the 43rd episode, i am the big tall hairy thing, LOL!

OK, it all fend adfht ajf sdnnnnadsr dsjfn rnf ae f ehh vnshh lpcnrb splod wi trh af odg dtj vefunksn!

Hahahahaha!!!! Rats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.