Mosquito spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisestew

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South East Texas
Is there anything I could put on my sulcata for Mosquitos? They are just horrible right now here in south Texas after it rained for almost two weeks straight. They are just swarming around him. He looks miserable. I might just have bring him in for a few days and spray the yard with Cutter. Any suggestion?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would have thought that mosquitos wouldn't be interested in a cold-blooded tortoise.

"An effective natural bug repellent, mix one part garlic juice with 5 parts water in a small spray bottle. Shake well before using. Spray lightly on exposed body parts for an effective repellent lasting up to 5 - 6 hours. Strips of cotton cloth can also be dipped in this mixture and hung in areas, such as patios, as a localized deterrent. Commercially available garlic based, all natural mosquito repellent and larvae killer will repel mosquitoes up to 4 weeks

Neem oil is a natural vegetable oil extracted from the Neem tree in India. The leaves, seeds and seed oil of the Neem tree contain sallanin, a compound which has effective mosquito repelling properties. Neem oil is a natural product and is safe to use.

Planting marigolds around your yard works as a natural bug repellent because the flowers give off a fragrance bugs and flying insects do not like."

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I know from my college days (we won't say how long ago that was! Ha!) that reptiles DO get bitten by mosquitoes. One of my tasks as a biology lab assistant was to draw blood from various wild-caught turtles because one of the professors was researching a disease that is mosquito-spread.

tertle

5 Year Member
I remember sears sold some humidifier looking device that u would put in the corner of ur backyard and it would guarantee to repel mosquitoes in a very large radius ..maybe thats what ur looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.