Mobile (show off) carrier

schotze

Location (City and/or State)
WI
Hi I have a Russian tort we named Lana. I was thinking I would like to take Lana out to the park or possibly small festivals in the summer to show her off to kids. I thought it might be fun and a great way to show off my baby and maybe meet new people. Does anyone have a idea on some sort of carrier I could build for this? Has anyone else done this? What did you use? or am I just a weirdo, lol.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Additionally, most states have prohibitions about exposing the general public to non-native, non-domesticated species.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Some members do bring their torts to schools, and other events to help educate the kids on tortoises and their care.
To just bring them to a park to let kids just pet them or to roam in the grass is not a good idea. Might be fun too you its not for the tortoise. Also if you don't know if the parks grass gas been treated or not that could be dangerous to the tort.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
My torts pooped on the car ride to the vet. And that will be a good "surprises" to the kids when the carrier opened. Hahaha~

schotze

WI
Wow!! Am I glad I asked!!!! Thanks for all your help that would have been disastrous and upsetting to poor Lana. Will keep her at home.

Maitri06

Palmetto
Wow!! Am I glad I asked!!!! Thanks for all your help that would have been disastrous and upsetting to poor Lana. Will keep her at home.
If you would like to educate kids about tortoises, elementary schools love to see visiting animals. I have done this many times. Rule number one...no one handles or touches tortoise. I tell the kids that tortoise germs are not good for them and human germs are not good for tortoise. Make it a short visit, include a lesson in reptiles. This can be a very good experience. BTW..kids love it when the tortoise poops!