meter condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
i notice there's some peel off skin near his neck , at first I though that was substrate slip in his neck but when i tried to pull it I notice that is skin!! , isnit because the substrate too rough? and i could see his shell have a contray line all over him, is it because pyramiding start to occur?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
jhongsen said:
i notice there's some peel off skin near his neck , at first I though that was substrate slip in his neck but when i tried to pull it I notice that is skin!! , isnit because the substrate too rough? and i could see his shell have a contray line all over him, is it because pyramiding start to occur?

the pic you provided isn't clear and i simply can't see the skin peel off.... from the pic everything seems fine to me except for a little characterisation of junction of the scutes..... everything will be fine as you are already maintaining the humidity and proper diet and care....... a better closer look at the neck would give us the idea of the skin peel..if it's actually there and severe ...:tort:

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
How much skin is peeling off? Tortoises will occasionally shed scales, which is normal.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know anything about star tortoises, however, the grassland tortoises that I DO know about have peeling skin frequently and it is perfectly normal. Just don't pick at it or try to pull it off. It might help to add a little more moisture to the habitat.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
is it normal for them like changing skin? , well I'm definitely not tried to pull out the skin, I stopped when I knew that is skin . I'll get the picture in the morning he is sleeping now , I don't feel like to wake him up to take a few picture

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
i couldn't get the picture of the skin, because i don't have a good camera. So it's totally natural for meter to change his skin?

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Godcomplex said:
Biasa bro , sulcata gw jg suka gt. kadang gw cabutin pake pinset pelan pelan.

Please don't peel the loose skin when it's shedding. That will hurt your tort...

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
jhongsen said:
i couldn't get the picture of the skin, because i don't have a good camera. So it's totally natural for meter to change his skin?

It depends on how much is peeling off. A few scales here and there is normal. Sheets of skin peeling off is not.

Yellow Turtle said:
Godcomplex said:
Biasa bro , sulcata gw jg suka gt. kadang gw cabutin pake pinset pelan pelan.

Please don't peel the loose skin when it's shedding. That will hurt your tort...

Yes, don't peel the loose skin. Let it fall off naturally on its own.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
If this happens again, soak your tort in warm water, then massage the skin every day or every other day until it is better

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Chinque said:
If this happens again, soak your tort in warm water, then massage the skin every day or every other day until it is better

I did soak meter everyday with warm water , and it looks like the skin are already off... maybe.. and what do you mean massage the skin? the skin actually located near his neck? don't you think that will choke him? well.. he is still a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.