Member needs help with sulcata.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Hi all, there is a member here screen name @Skunkworks.
At this time he is having trouble making a new password.
So I am reaching out for him.
He has a 40# sulcata that needs care for 6 months. At this time the member is incapacitated with a leg that is having blood clot issues.
He lives in Idaho and is willing to pay for everything. To get Thadius to wherever and pay for his stay.
As of right now contacts are going through me. Until he can figure out how to get back on TFO.
Thanks for reading
Ray

Jesswelch

Florida
Hi all, there is a member here screen name @Skunkworks.
At this time he is having trouble making a new password.
So I am reaching out for him.
He has a 40# sulcata that needs care for 6 months. At this time the member is incapacitated with a leg that is having blood clot issues.
He lives in Idaho and is willing to pay for everything. To get Thadius to wherever and pay for his stay.
As of right now contacts are going through me. Until he can figure out how to get back on TFO.
Thanks for reading
Ray
I would be more than happy to take him & take care of him. send you pics & videos. My family are pet sitters. But i rescued my first russian tortoise and gosh, I love him to pieces. I am located in Florida just let me know and message me if you need any help!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I would be more than happy to take him & take care of him. send you pics & videos. My family are pet sitters. But i rescued my first russian tortoise and gosh, I love him to pieces. I am located in Florida just let me know and message me if you need any help!
I thought you said you "found" the Russian tortoise? Just curious.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ok I will let you know.
Hopefully Skunkworks problems of signing in to TFO.Will be resolved in a couple of days. That way you can talk with him directly.
Thanks for reaching out.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ok I will let you know.
Hopefully Skunkworks problems of signing in to TFO.Will be resolved in a couple of days. That way you can talk with him directly.
Thanks for reaching out.
Be sure to advise them, that if he finds someone, they are sure they have the room outside to house it properly and they have sulcata experience. Caring for a sulcata is very different then a Russian.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Be sure to advise them, that if he finds someone, they are sure they have the room outside to house it properly and they have sulcata experience. Caring for a sulcata is very different then a Russian.
That is forsure. If it is a person in Florida. I will be able to visit the conditions for his sully.

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Thanks again Ray for all your help, back on Forum know I can't thank everyone enough for all the replies and well wishes @ Epps you can call me for any questions you might have concerning my need to relocate Thadious so I can get past my Health issues I am tremendously thankfully for your help.
Tim 208 620-1260

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Using one of the overnight services mentioned earlier would be extremely costly for a large tortoise.
If the tortoise is very large, I would recommend shipping via Delta or Southwest Airlines air cargo.
Thanks for that info. Sounds like @Skunkworks tortoise will be heading to California.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Thanks for that info. Sounds like @Skunkworks tortoise will be heading to California.
California Torts are Happier! ...... Had to say it. 1st I'd like to thank you @Ray--Opo it sounds like you are a true friend, friends are not always so helpful...hence the "True Friend" title. We feel blessed to be able to help, and it is an honor to be chosen to be surrogate tort parents. Thadius will be going on a vay ca to the Golden State, just in time for our fabulous weather.
Using one of the overnight services mentioned earlier would be extremely costly for a large tortoise.
If the tortoise is very large, I would recommend shipping via Delta or Southwest Airlines air cargo.
THANK YOU for this info it will most likely be the way to do this.

This is how it's supposed to be .... Fellow tort people helping each other in their time of need, this is what the TFO is all about. The Epps family feels so blessed to be a part of this community.