Meet "TYRONE"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks great Jeff. He seems right at home. Can't wait to see all the updates on him.:)

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Woohoo...really nice JD!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hey JD I see a mesh thingy hanging in the one pic, is that coverage for that hawk you had flyin around?

And, the white lines between the scutes, are those growth lines, or marbling starting already? (idk if galaps even marble at all)...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
TommyZ said:
Hey JD I see a mesh thingy hanging in the one pic, is that coverage for that hawk you had flyin around?

And, the white lines between the scutes, are those growth lines, or marbling starting already? (idk if galaps even marble at all)...

Dam Z man ... your good! ... VERY GOOD! .. yes I put the mesh up above the smaller torts area , just so Mr. Hawk didn’t have direct flight/view. They typically wont dive down "under" something .. they like to have a direct swoop N grab.
The white lines on the galap are new growth lines ...they come in white ( like most torts) but so pronounced because of the black beauty .Even the "brownish hue and spots" will disappear and this little guy should be a pretty solid black ( one of the attributes I was looking for when I got to pick )

JD~ ...
PS: ... I have some shots of your guys ... I will be posting up for you . :D

AustinASU said:
Which subspecies?

Hybrid ... although DNA has been done on both parents -I'm waiting on the results...from the breeder. I'm not sure there is any " pure" linage in captivity that are breeders but I could be wrong .... I'm learning more about these guys... as this is my first one.

DevilsLettuce

5 Year Member
I'm so jealous, a galap is next on my list after I get an ivory hatchling from Fife next year.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I'm really happy for you to have galap baby. Can't wait to see his progress and pictures in the future.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yellow Turtle said:
I'm really happy for you to have galap baby. Can't wait to see his progress and pictures in the future.

Why Thank ya .... YT' ....you and I both looking forward to the developement ...:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
kathyth said:
Tyrone is one handsome guy! Boy did he land a great home!

Why thank you Kathy .....and folks like you that keep me smiling!
Both are a win - win ......:)

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
Aweee! Tyrone is so darn beautiful! I was watching the documentary series "Galapagos" (BBC) today. Really amazing to see the differences between the subspecies of Galapagos tortoises in order to fit their environment depending on which region of the Galapagos they are. I almost wish I had a documentary that focuses purely on Galapagos tortoises alone! If anyone can recommend one I would be forever grateful.

Here's to Tyrone's very long and happy life! :D Grats!!

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
In LOVE!!!♡[BLACK HEART SUIT]♡[BLACK HEART SUIT]♡[BLACK HEART SUIT]

I know they get really big, but wondering how big how fast?

Ann from CT

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
AnnV said:
In LOVE!!!♡[BLACK HEART SUIT]♡[BLACK HEART SUIT]♡[BLACK HEART SUIT]

I know they get really big, but wondering how big how fast?

Ann from CT
Stay tuned and we all will find out ...! .:D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.