Meet Crush the Three toe boxie

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Omg! @lisa127 & @leigti Crush came out today! I had just walked in my tort room a little while ago and heard some sounds coming from his enclosure! He was out exploring! I was so surprised I sat on the floor so he would not see me :) he was doing laps! I hope he's hunting :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He settled down and I hurried up and put a worm in his bowl, a few mins latter it got loud in there again and then back to quite, I sneaked a peak and the worm is gone!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I actually stand across the room with my little binoculars so I can see what they are doing.
The funny thing is I actually though about doing the same thing but my binoculars are in my tort room and i was affraid to go back in there lol.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Well I guess he likes to climb :) and he knows there something over that wall. Maybe you could just take the barrier down and let them see out. Or if that doesn't work put it all the way up so he can't even try to see out. Does he have a log or something to climb on?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Well I guess he likes to climb :) and he knows there something over that wall. Maybe you could just take the barrier down and let them see out. Or if that doesn't work put it all the way up so he can't even try to see out. Does he have a log or something to climb on?
I think I'm going to get a log cave for him. i had one made from a pc of bark but he destroyed it! Its one of the ways I knew he was coming out. I think I'm going to take a section of the tape off to see what he does.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
He looks great! Glad he is settling in now. How has his eating been?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He looks great! Glad he is settling in now. How has his eating been?
I still have not seen him eat....there seems to be less worms in the enclosure though...that might be wishful thinking. He's loss 3 more g

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I know it is stressful but I have been assured that they will not starve themselves. A few grams in either direction won't matter.just keep putting the food in there, maybe try leaving it a couple days. He will eat. And I'm sure he has had a worm or two or three :)my turtle eats protein just fine, just nothing else.but it is still stressful so I know how you're feeling. Hang in there. One of these days we will both look back on our turtle eating issues and smile. I hope those days come along soon though :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I know it is stressful but I have been assured that they will not starve themselves. A few grams in either direction won't matter.just keep putting the food in there, maybe try leaving it a couple days. He will eat. And I'm sure he has had a worm or two or three :)my turtle eats protein just fine, just nothing else.but it is still stressful so I know how you're feeling. Hang in there. One of these days we will both look back on our turtle eating issues and smile. I hope those days come along soon though :)
Its funny because my russian was doing the whole slow down and not eating thing and she is right back to being a pig! So Crush is my ne challange :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
@lisa127 we are back up to 330gs today. And I did add three crickets on Saturday but only hear one today so I think he's been hunting. Added some more worms on Sunday as well. I took him out to weigh him and he actually stayed out and explored a little so he is starting to get use to the new place I think.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
so glad his weight is back up! He must be hunting then. It sounds like he is settling in a bit!