Mazuri

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mayo, Ireland
Hi guys. anyone know where i can get smaller amounts of Mazuri. I have one Russian tort and am looking for something to supplement winter diet. All i can find online are huge quantities. does it come in small quantities?

Vanessa Schnautz

King George, Virginia
The "good stuff" you refer to is the "tortoise" versus the "tortoise LS". What's the difference between them if I may ask? I've been looign them up, since I use Mazuri softbill pellets for my birds. But what's the difference int he tortoise pelets?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
And how many ounces of pellets would a Russian eat ina day? I was thinking of getting a 25lb bag and freezing it in 25 x 1lb ziplock baggies.
You don't have to freeze it, it keeps in 5 gallon buckets with a lid. Just keep it from getting moisture on it. I'm not sure how much a Russian would consume. My torts are large species that can eat a lot at one setting.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Hi guys. anyone know where i can get smaller amounts of Mazuri. I have one Russian tort and am looking for something to supplement winter diet. All i can find online are huge quantities. does it come in small quantities?

You can find smaller quantities on Amazon but it's a little more expensive

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
You don't have to freeze it, it keeps in 5 gallon buckets with a lid. Just keep it from getting moisture on it. I'm not sure how much a Russian would consume. My torts are large species that can eat a lot at one setting.
I store it in the freezer or watch little black bugs apear in the air tight container!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I buy two big bags at a time.
It keeps for just about forever inside the house in a semi airtight container after its opened.
I've in fact never thrown any away because of spoilage or insects.
If you have the space. I suggest buying the big bags. It is very inexpensive per pound this way.
Also, yes.
Avoid the type L.S.

Attachments

• 20150728_040046.jpg
    20150728_040046.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20160827_150227.jpg
    20160827_150227.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
Mazuri is a gamble. If your tort likes it GREAT! if your tort LOVES it they could become addicted. If they could care less for it then you have a bag of mazuri just laying around. I feed my 3 toed 2-4 soaked pellets sprinkled on her food every week or two. I probably don't have to but it gives her extra nutrients. Just in case :)