Mazuri package question

Jackyyyy

Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Ontario
I just bought a 25lb bag mazuri in my local store, the manufacture date is not printed clearly. Or is that the expire date? Do you guys think there is something wrong with it?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1426634684.380338.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1426634697.647293.jpg

Turtlepete

South Florida
Yes, it is specific to tortoises. That red tag should say "Mazuri tortoise chow".

I wouldn't' worry about it being expired. This stuff lasts for a couple months if sealed in its bag, and they haven't been making those newly styled bags for very long. The new print only started showing up recently.

@ZEROPILOT
If you are looking for a place to buy it in 25lb bags down here let me know. I get them from my local feed store for $30 a bag.

Jackyyyy

Toronto, Ontario
Yes, it is specific to tortoises. That red tag should say "Mazuri tortoise chow".

I wouldn't' worry about it being expired. This stuff lasts for a couple months if sealed in its bag, and they haven't been making those newly styled bags for very long. The new print only started showing up recently.

@ZEROPILOT
If you are looking for a place to buy it in 25lb bags down here let me know. I get them from my local feed store for $30 a bag.
Yes it does says its specific for tortoise on the red tag, but the new package just make me confused. The new prints only starts recently? So the date on the package Feb 18 15 must be the manufacture date?

Turtlepete

South Florida
Yeah, the new package was confusing for me the first time. It does suggest it is a generalized formula for "all reptiles". The red tags are what you have to look at.

As far as I am aware, yes, the new prints have only started recently. They only showed up locally here within the past few months, and I get a constant supply of here. Unless someone else comes along and states that the new print isn't "new" at all (it's possible it only showed up here recently, though I doubt it), then you should be fine as long as it being expired. This stuff stays good for quite some time. The new packaging is plastic-lined as well for more freshness. I wouldn't be concerned.

Jackyyyy

Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, the new package was confusing for me the first time. It does suggest it is a generalized formula for "all reptiles". The red tags are what you have to look at.

As far as I am aware, yes, the new prints have only started recently. They only showed up locally here within the past few months, and I get a constant supply of here. Unless someone else comes along and states that the new print isn't "new" at all (it's possible it only showed up here recently, though I doubt it), then you should be fine as long as it being expired. This stuff stays good for quite some time. The new packaging is plastic-lined as well for more freshness. I wouldn't be concerned.

Thanks you very much! I been confusing for the whole night lol, it took me 60km back and forth drive.

Jackyyyy

Toronto, Ontario

I just opened the bag, I thought the smell would be strong, but nothing comes out. I used to buy the 1lb, and I am familiar with the smell. This one is totally different.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I buy 25 lbs bag for 22 dollars here in New caney .

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Looky here! 50 pounds of tortoise formula for $70!
Thanks for the tip.
The red tags state what formula is in the bag...

Attachments

• 20150321_134621.jpg
    20150321_134621.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

Randi

Canada
Where in Canada did you find it? I live in Alberta, Canada and have never seen Mazuri for sale. I've also tried to order it online and it won't ship here. Does anyone know of Canadian retailers that carry it?

Jackyyyy

Toronto, Ontario
Where in Canada did you find it? I live in Alberta, Canada and have never seen Mazuri for sale. I've also tried to order it online and it won't ship here. Does anyone know of Canadian retailers that carry it?
I live in Toronto, and I know two pet store carry it. It's hard to find in Canada and expensive. I can actually sell some to you since my little Sulcata it's not going to finish a 25lb bag within a year.

Randi

Canada
Thanks for your offer. I don't own a Sulcata but I've got a baby Red Footed tortoise and a Reeves turtle that I'd like to try some for. Is this the original formula? How much would you be willing to part with and how much would you want for it? Thanks for replying. :)

Jackyyyy

Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for your offer. I don't own a Sulcata but I've got a baby Red Footed tortoise and a Reeves turtle that I'd like to try some for. Is this the original formula? How much would you be willing to part with and how much would you want for it? Thanks for replying. :)
Yes it's the old formula 5m21 not the new LS one. You can have 6lb for $20 or 1lb for $5. Let me know thanks