Mazuri HELP I have lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
I have seen on many threads about feeding mazuri either on its only as the whole diet, or as only just a part of the diet. I would like to add it maybe 2 times a week in to my yellow foots diet along with the mix of greens/fuirts and protein that I have been feeding.

My qestions are as follows one what is the difference other then price between these links?

http://www.mazuri.com/mazuritortoisediet-1.aspx
And
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K00T6G/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Non of the stores near me sell the bags so I have to buy online. I could only find mazuri turtle diet In a bag smiular to the tortoise stuff on amazon

An other question can the box turtle eat mazuri? Right now I feed him maily red wigglers, butter worms, and small crickets also he has ate strawberrys once

I'm just trying to get all the details before I buy the mazuri thank you for all or any help

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I had ordered the bag of Mazuri with the tortoise on it. Then, when I ordered the twenty five pound bag, it came like the other bag, no pic. I have no idea what the difference if any there is. I am guessing that the bag without the pic of the tortoise is a newer style bag or that is just how they mad the 25 pound bag. I had actually wonder this same thing. Now I am going to see if I can call them and find out.
As for the boxie, I don't know.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
The boxie probably won't eat t but it won't hurt him and you can offer it. Only difference is the bag and amount given. They are made by the same company and manufacturer. They probably have the different style of bags as the smaller bags would be sold in petstores to those types of people that only have one or two turtles and prefer the pretty bag with the pick of a tortoise so they know it is what they want without knowing what it is. Sorta like a new/novice owner going through a store and saying "this bulb has a tort on it so I obviously need that...but the powersun bulbs have a lizard so those aren't the right kind."
Where as the person buying in 25lb bulk (usually at a feed store) will be more experienced and know exactly what they need so why waste money on designing and printing a prettier bag?
Atleast that's my opinion from an advertising standpoint.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
That was kind of my assumption and reason for the cost difference. The one with the pic is what the sell in stores and no pic is from mazuri directly. Is there a difference between mazuri and other tort pellets?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I called them. The bag with the tort and the white bag without is the same product.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
wellington said:
I called them. The bag with the tort and the white bag without is the same product.

Your awesome XD thank you for the conformation. Do you know anything about other tortoise pellets? I assume mazuri would be the best as it is most mentioned on here but I am curious about other brands incase I run in to shipping issues as I live in canada.

Thank you for the help XD

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I only know that zilla is know. For having quality issues in a lot of their products but other than that I haven't looked up nutritional info on all the different kinds of diets.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Hi
You can get another product-from coastal silkworms(US) and they ship to Canada.
Red sticks made by Marion zoological?

Also I find some of my tortoises eat the grassland pellets-all natural and I think they make other types for different species needs.You can get that in our pet stores but it was cheaper for me to order online from the US-bizarre as that is!!

There is an aquatic turtle food I was recommended to get for my bells hinges(they won't touch it tho but are very fussy individuals!!) an aquatic turtle food maintenance formula it cost me $9 for 340g -can't remember which pet store now-likely petland or petsmart etc
Worth checking online from US though if you want it in bulk as its often cheaper even with shipping and customs fees-crazy why Canada is so expensive compared to US.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Tortoise said:
Hi
You can get another product-from coastal silkworms(US) and they ship to Canada.
Red sticks made by Marion zoological?

Also I find some of my tortoises eat the grassland pellets-all natural and I think they make other types for different species needs.You can get that in our pet stores but it was cheaper for me to order online from the US-bizarre as that is!!

There is an aquatic turtle food I was recommended to get for my bells hinges(they won't touch it tho but are very fussy individuals!!) an aquatic turtle food maintenance formula it cost me $9 for 340g -can't remember which pet store now-likely petland or petsmart etc
Worth checking online from US though if you want it in bulk as its often cheaper even with shipping and customs fees-crazy why Canada is so expensive compared to US.

The aquatic mazuri I can buy at one of the reptile store by me I think it is 23.99 for a 5lbs bag but they don't carry the tortoise stuff. I can buy silk worms for .50 cents each I think if not more they are expensive and I believe bigger then my box turtle my yellow foot doesn't seem interested in worms but I might try again on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.