mazuri, enough protien for redfoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin d.

5 Year Member
i am very new to redfoots but i have read different opinions on mazui. some say its the best for protein and others say it doesnt have enough protein. i was wondering your opinions. also what would be the best source of protein for hatchling redfoots?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ok, here's MY opinion:

Mazuri is vegetable protein. I feed my Yellowfooted tortoises ANIMAL protein (occasionally).

robin d.

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Ok, here's MY opinion:

Mazuri is vegetable protein. I feed my Yellowfooted tortoises ANIMAL protein (occasionally).

that being said what would you recommend for hatchlings? (and yes the occasional feeding)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
From the Tortoise Library ( Tortoise Library ) :

"Meats should be about 10% or less of the diet. Live bugs and worms, snails and slugs, lightly cooked eggs, chicken, 'oily fish' (salmon, mackerel, etc.), dog or cat food and so on."

robin d.

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
From the Tortoise Library ( Tortoise Library ) :

"Meats should be about 10% or less of the diet. Live bugs and worms, snails and slugs, lightly cooked eggs, chicken, 'oily fish' (salmon, mackerel, etc.), dog or cat food and so on."

thank you kindly for the info :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I read something about an omelet a while back that interested me. I'm going to try it one day. Scramble up some eggs and add all the other good stuff that redfooted tortoises like.

robin d.

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I read something about an omelet a while back that interested me. I'm going to try it one day. Scramble up some eggs and add all the other good stuff that redfooted tortoises like.

that is an interesting idea

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Mazuri is a regular part of my redfoots and Sulcata's diet. They love it. :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I have thought about the omelet idea as well, especially on Sundays when we sometimes make omelets for us anyway. I imagine my guys would LOVE a nice omelet loaded with mushrooms, peppers, a little onion.... ummm!

Status
Not open for further replies.