Mating

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I only rarely reply to a thread on breeding, because I don't breed...However...sometimes stuff happens. The local pet store where I sell my birds, calls me up with numerous free animals often..a beautiful African Sideneck, 1 Midland Painted, a couple of 3 toed. This last turtle tho is fun...a male Terrapin ornata ornata. His person got cancer and died, he's old, really faded with those bright red eyes. Well..after quarantine and before I look for a home for him I sorta put him in with my small creep of female ornata. So far he's bred 4 females. 2 nights ago as I was turning off lights, I saw my favorite little ornate digging a freakin nest!!! I am so excited! This is a wild small ornata with a very large personality, she's escaped the pond but couldn't get off the property, after 3 or 4 days, she came back. lol.. She has a canine tooth hole in her carapace. So she gave up on digging after she reached the shower curtain liner, then I made it to Home Depot yesterday and bought a couple of bags of potting soil and 1 smallish bag of sand, mixed it all together and woo hoo! She dug her second nest way in the back of her tort table and she has not checked out the new substrate; now all 4 of the bred females are hiding in the back afraid of the clean fresh soil...jerks
Look at the foam all over her..They love snails. That has nothing to do with mating, but I like the picture
DSCN1631.JPG
This is the Wild One...how cute is this!!! I'll take a picture of the male and post it...DSCN1237.JPG

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You sorta put him in with the girls? What, you said to him, okay old man, if you can still, you know, then prove it and cross that line and you will kinda be in with the girls. Then you walked away? LMAO.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You sorta put him in with the girls? What, you said to him, okay old man, if you can still, you know, then prove it and cross that line and you will kinda be in with the girls. Then you walked away? LMAO.
You were here!!! Then after he bred 4 girls he dug a hole in a corner and didn't move for 24 hours...lol

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I can't wait to see how it goes with hatchlings. 🤞