Luka

They eat pumpkin? Im going to try feeding itbo my male Russian. How do u do it? Just scoop out the inside and put it in their food bowl? Do they eat the seeds? Will it hurt them?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
They eat pumpkin? Im going to try feeding itbo my male Russian. How do u do it? Just scoop out the inside and put it in their food bowl? Do they eat the seeds? Will it hurt them?
I wouldn't feed them the seeds unless you grind them up. Yes, I just scooped a little bit out of the pumpkin. They eat the stringy stuff or the hard stuff. Don't overdo it, but they can eat a little bit once in a while.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
It absolutely amazes me how Russian tortoises can drag dirt around everywhere. Even as babies. When I put the food down the area is totally clean. 30 seconds after he gets there it looks like I sprinkle dirt on everything. It is a special talent they have I guess.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I decided to make a thread for the first year of my baby Russian Hatchling. Moderators please change the name of this thread to Luka thank you :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
November 28th, 41 g
He actually likes his greens and mazuri/grassland mix. Again thanks to Jodie for starting him out on it I wish my adult Russian Yurik liked it as much.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1484363467.573232.jpg

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hi leigti! I love seeing all of the pictures of Luka! He already has so much personality.
Thanks. It is a lot of fun watching him grow. I never really knew that tortoises could have personalities till I got one A few years ago. And this one definitely has one too.