LOWER BEAKWORK ON MONSTRO!

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Tennessee
Well I got Marv and went to work on that thing sticking out and it was much easier to so then I figured it was going to be. He did real well for the most part. But once I took a closer look I noticed a couple other things. Like on each side of that thing he had more growing. These was more spread out and kinda flatter. And the two on the upper lip that came down each side of the thing was pretty long as well. So I went ahead and nipped just the very end of that piece sticking out so far, no problem, it was like cutting a fingernail. Marv did so well I said well let's nip a little more, we kept that up til I had it as short as I could get it w my clippers. I let him go back in the yard and watched him. He started gobbling stuff up as usual. As I sit and watched, stuff was still getting stuck to his face. It was the two on his upper lip. So I got h back up, trimmed the two on the too, trimmed the other two on the bottom too. He is looking pretty dang good. I have been pulling extra weeds in the morning and in the late evening and putting on the concrete slab and the little that I couldn't clip off w my clippers he has filed down real nice.
image.jpg
This pic was after we finished trimming him up. There is still a little there but he is filing that himself. He so funny. He really takes an interest in my phone. Lol.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Nice job kiddo! He's gonna be a handsome GIANT...soon! I was looking back at Monstro's records...and Marv is easily larger at the same age. Keep 'em coming!

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
Nice job kiddo! He's gonna be a handsome GIANT...soon! I was looking back at Monstro's records...and Marv is easily larger at the same age. Keep 'em coming!
Oh really! I was thinking Monstro was the larger of the two. I was thinking I had read he is 50lb at 5 yrs old, Marv was 10lb when ya sent him to me, and he's 4 yrs old. I will have to go back and reread the thread. I need to weight Marv, see what the pig weights, all he does is eat so I know he has had to of gained some. Lol. Since weather has cooled the sow thistle has really popped up everywhere and he is seriously loving it, yesterday he actually scared the goat (we took in a goat cause it's owner was abusing it) away from a patch of it in my flower bed. I wish I had my phone, it would have been a great video.
image.jpg This is "his" patch, no one else was allowed near it. Lol. And since he no longer has stuff getting stuck, he can seriously put it away.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Oh really! I was thinking Monstro was the larger of the two. I was thinking I had read he is 50lb at 5 yrs old, Marv was 10lb when ya sent him to me, and he's 4 yrs old. I will have to go back and reread the thread. I need to weight Marv, see what the pig weights, all he does is eat so I know he has had to of gained some. Lol. Since weather has cooled the sow thistle has really popped up everywhere and he is seriously loving it, yesterday he actually scared the goat (we took in a goat cause it's owner was abusing it) away from a patch of it in my flower bed. I wish I had my phone, it would have been a great video.
View attachment 97600 This is "his" patch, no one else was allowed near it. Lol. And since he no longer has stuff getting stuck, he can seriously put it away.

No! No! No! I was referring to the old records on Monstro. When he was two, he wasn't as large as Marv was at two. Monstro is 5...Marv is 2-and-a-half.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
No! No! No! I was referring to the old records on Monstro. When he was two, he wasn't as large as Marv was at two. Monstro is 5...Marv is 2-and-a-half.
Oh, lord I'm all messed up then. Lol. I was thinking they were 4 yrs old, I have seriously lost it. Lol.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Oh, lord I'm all messed up then. Lol. I was thinking they were 4 yrs old, I have seriously lost it. Lol.
Now that you realize their true age...you know what a trio of monsters you're going to have! :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
This is exactly the same thing WalkingRock had. I tried to trim it but he was having NONE of that! Finally about 2 weeks ago it just broke off. He has been a happy camper ever since! Of course he has a hole in his face right now but I think it will grow back in...:oops:

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
Now that you realize their true age...you know what a trio of monsters you're going to have! :)
Ya I do to know what I was thinking. I have read your thread on them many many times, but some how I came up w a different date.
So at 2 Marv was 10" 10lb, what's a "regular" sulcata usually at that age? I think I will bust out scale and tape and see what his stuff is tomorrow.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
This is exactly the same thing WalkingRock had. I tried to trim it but he was having NONE of that! Finally about 2 weeks ago it just broke off. He has been a happy camper ever since! Of course he has a hole in his face right now but I think it will grow back in...:oops:
Wow!! That looks like a lot to trim down. Marv had that and then like yours he had ones on the top and bottom that intertwined w the big on, I nipped everything down, got him looking like the other two again but I will have to say he was a champ, at first he fought it, but after the first nip, it's like he knew it was for the best, so he sat still and let me do what needed to be done. Then me being me, started to worry that he would be sore so I put him down, figuring he wouldn't eat for a day or two, nope, he hit it like always. I think he actually eats much faster now cause he doesn't have anything getting stuck to his face anymore. I hope your guy is happier too.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
It takes shape again...no worries! Here's Monstro post-op...
DSC_0391 (2).JPG

...and three days later! As you can see...everything fits back into place nicely!
DSC_0007 (13).JPG