Looking to adopt/buy a couple of sulcata's in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintvic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey everyone! I'm looking for a couple of sulcata's, I have one thats about 18'' in diameter and another around 5''. I have them both seperated and would love to get them each a friend around the same size. I've had the bigger one for about 4 years and recently started to get more involved so if you're interested in donating or selling please call/text @214-864-1730. I'll also pay for shipping if we happen to live too far.

btw these tortoise's are like crack...you just want more and more

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi stvic:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Is 214 a Texas area code?

Do you have lots of space? You might find that your new tortoises don't get along with your existing tortoises and you have to build more pens to keep them separate.

May I offer a thought: Tortoises are solitary creatures, only coming together for mating. They prefer to be alone and not have to share hiding places or food. Your tortoises aren't lonely, and they don't feel the need for companionship.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
they dont need or want friends for the most part. How much space do you have?
If they grow up together it may work,, but adding new ones... it can be deadly... fighting..
However... it CAN be done and people ahve done it...

saintvic

5 Year Member
Texas
Looking for a couple of sulcata's in Texas

Hey everyone! I'm looking for a couple of sulcata's, I have one thats about 18'' in diameter and another around 5''. I have them both seperated and would love to get them each a friend around the same size. I've had the bigger one for about 4 years and recently started to get more involved so if you're interested in donating or selling please call/text @214-864-1730. I'll also pay for shipping if we happen to live too far.

btw these tortoise's are like crack...you just want more and more

saintvic

5 Year Member
Texas
Vic is fine, yeah it's one of the DFW area codes. I'm on 2.2 acres. The bigger one just roams the property and the little one is in a 14x14 cage outside. I also have 12x5 cage outside with 8 box turtles (not sure what the specific name for them is). Yeah I thought about them fighting if I do get more but I think there's plenty of space for them. The two I have now do fight and that's why I have them separated but thanks for the thought:)

Status
Not open for further replies.