Look What I Found With The Tort Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Along with my beloved torts, I also have a 2.3 breeding colony of Lygodactylus Williamsi, or the Electric Blue Gecko. I have just this year, been blessed with approx 12 eggs with this lil’ guy being the first to hatch. I’ve been doing an experiment on the time frame to which these hatch. Generally , you can hatch them within the same enclosure as the adults ( as far as heating and humidity) the downfall is they are so darn small the become
“ snacks “ to the parents sometimes. They also are also unusual in the fact they lay their eggs stuck to something and in most cases the side of the enclosure, which makes it impossible to remove for incubation. Most of the time , covering them with a clear deli cup tape to the side works fine, bu if in an awkward spot its next to impossible. So this time I stuck PVC pipes ( and even a new version of hallowed out bamboo) , when I noticed the female gravid, I put these pipes into their habitat and sure enough she laid eggs in them 2 times now. So instead of leaving them in their enclosure I took one of the pipes and stuck it in the “ cooker” with the tort eggs. Thus seeing if this would speed up incubation time. And yes it did ..! Also I knew they wouldn’t become an easy meal for their parents. Last night I check on the tort eggs ….and
WA LA ! ~ Look what I found.....:p:):):p
newgko2.jpg
newgko1.jpg

Here is an Adult Male
Lygodactylus-williamsi.jpg

JD~:)
JD~

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I like blue and the father is a very pretty color. Like Terry, I want to know what the proud mama looks like. How long til the babies change color? Any guess as to how much longer it will take the eggs in with the parents?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
terryo said:
Precious baby Jeff. I can't get over the color of that male. What color is the female?

Hi ya Terry..... well the females range from a browinsh/tan with hues of green . Both having really cool "orange" under bellys~:D
f3.jpg
geckox-2.jpg
geckomate.jpg

Isa said:
Congrats :D He is so tinny and cute!

Ultra tiny !:p .... by far the smallest herp I have ever hatched!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I hatched out a few Cuban anoles once, definitely cool to have such a tiny lizard pop out!

Congrats, beautiful little baby. I love the blues.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oh my goodness, what a cute little baby! And the adults are stunning :D

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Sorry to yank this one back to the top but is it my eyes or are there 2 geckos in that first pic?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
HLogic said:
Sorry to yank this one back to the top but is it my eyes or are there 2 geckos in that first pic?

Nope .. Art ... Just one in the top pic ... about the size of a large red ant~:p

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
What is that in the bottom left corner of the first pic - hiding between the styro and the egg container?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
They are so cute. Can you post a picture of what the eggs look like?

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
OK, maybe it's just a suspiciously gecko-nose-like piece of vermiculite with a dark eye-spot-with-an-iris-looking speck on it... Man, that LASIK didn't last long!

HLogic said:
What is that in the bottom left corner of the first pic - hiding between the styro and the egg container?

Status
Not open for further replies.